Front End Engineer
Front End Engineer - Austin, TX
WHOS IN THE KITCHEN
Our Technology team is a collection of over 50 talented engineers, analysts, designers, and product managers who have built BlueApron.com, our mobile (iOS and Android) apps, our proprietary Warehouse Management System, and our demand forecasting system (among many other things). Within Engineering, the Consumer team is ultimately responsible for our web and mobile experiences, as well as our Wine and Marketplace offerings.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Create and implement beautifully responsive and optimized new features to provide more enjoyable experiences for our users.
- Work closely with developers, designers, product managers, and other teams in the company to design the best experiences possible for our internal and external applications.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions.
- Lead improvements to our front-end developer tooling and infrastructure.
- Find and address performance issues.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices.
- Our stack: React, Ember, Backbone, SASS, Webpack, CSS Modules, Redux, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL
- Five or more years experience as a software engineer.
- Experience developing complex, production web applications using application frameworks like React, Ember, Backbone, or Angular.
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
- A solid understanding of RESTful API design and have developed clients to interact with a variety of APIs.
- A thirst for learning and a passion for new technologies, processes, and patterns.
- You write tests to improve the quality and reliability of your code.
- Track record of mentoring up-and-coming engineers.
If you dont meet these exact requirements but think youd be a good fit, please apply!Apply now