Internal Solutions Engineer, Business Integrity - Infrastructure
This job offer is expired
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities we're just getting started.
The Business Integrity team ensures safe connections between users and businesses. We ensure our platform is a high quality ecosystem for users, developers, page admins, advertisers and businesses to create and promote digital content. The Internal Solutions team within Business Integrity is an applications engineering team focused on solving for tools development or back-end infrastructure problems. We partner with product and software engineering teams to build proprietary tools and techniques to enforce the quality of all promoted content at scale.
Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong. This position is located in our Singapore office.
- Use engineering skill sets in a business organization to drive meaningful business impact by looking at problems through an operational lens
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Product and Software Engineering to lead or contribute to large scale strategic projects as well as solve ongoing operational problems at scale
- Self-identify gaps, problems, needs, and come up with robust solutions with relative independence
- Be the gatekeeper of system integrity by deep-diving into stability issues and coming up with solutions as well as working to enhance overall code quality
- 3+ years of experience in software development (object oriented experience preferred but not a must)
- Ability to write elegant, readable, and self-documented code
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze and resolve complicated issues using data, and distill that complexity into concise business insights
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with or in support of global communities
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- B.A. or B.S. degree (quantitative backgrounds preferred but not a must)