Frontend Engineer ll
This job offer is expired
Frontend Engineer ll
Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case - it's visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 10 million products: Home furnishings, d√©cor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Our software engineering teams work hard to conceal the complexity of this experience. Every customer should come away feeling like they've found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and we're the team that makes that happen.
Frontend Engineers at Wayfair, particularly in our Storefront organization, are specialists in translating mockups into scalable and maintainable React and Sass. They work closely in cross-functional teams to collaborate with both Full-Stack Engineers on client-side best practices and coding standards, and Designers on our global Pattern Library and UI/UX standards. We build out all of our features using React with Redux and GraphQL, and a custom Sass framework that handles theming for our six brands and three international sites, across all platforms.
What You'll Do:
- Write thoughtful, scalable, and performant CSS, HTML, and React code to build and test new features that our millions of customers use to browse our site every day.
- Work seamlessly with Designers and Product Managers to turn wireframes and mockups into responsive, consistent UIs that leverage our central React Pattern Library.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Be a part of the team that is leading the market in delivering the most delightful customer shopping experience for home furnishings online in a quickly changing landscape.
- See your hard work instantly influence what you see onsite: Your code will be front and center for the millions of daily customers shopping for home furnishings online.
- Have your voice heard as you contribute to decision-making and process creating for the team and its features. Be seen as an equally important member of the team among your colleagues.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about UI, UX, and Design Systems, and working with Designers to create engaging and intuitive experiences across platforms.
- Excited about sharing knowledge with those around you and expanding your skillset.
- Interested in the latest frontend and design technology, trends, and industry news.
- A graduate of a computer science, computer graphics, or digital arts related degree program with 2+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 4+ years of equivalent industry experience