← Back to all jobs
Full-Stack Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
Hey! We’re looking for an entrepreneurial software engineer to become the 2nd engineer on our small team. We're a geographically distributed company and this is a primarily remote role but you should live in an area that enables you to gather with the whole team about once a month in the Boston, MA area.
What You Might Work On
- The new version of our customer facing web app. Every Zippity customer begins here: creating their account, telling us about their vehicle, picking out the services they need, and scheduling a service date. We’ve come pretty far with the little app we have, but we know there’s still miles of room to improve the customer experience and optimize our booking metrics.
- The tablet-based frontend used by our mobile service technicians. Every Zippity technician’s day is driven by an app that provides every bit of information necessary for their success, lets them communicate with customers, and ensures every service is delivered with quality and efficiency. We need your help to buff this tool so we can grow to support thousands of technicians operating in markets all across the country.
- The next Zippity backend, including the REST APIs that power our internal and customer-facing apps as well as the deep workflow automations that enable hundreds of perfectly delivered services every day. Demand management and dynamic scheduling will become priorities in the next year as we continue to grow.
- You’ve got an entrepreneurial spirit. You’re an indie hacker or have worked in a small startup before and know the mindset it takes to make a company succeed in a fast and uncertain environment.
- You want to work in a primarily-remote role and live in an area that enables you to visit Boston about once a month. While our mailing address is in Massachusetts, half of our team works from one of the other 49 United States. We live on Slack, Trello, and Google Drive, and it all seems to work pretty well.
- You’re excited to work on frontend web apps made with React. Deep experience is great, but we’re also confident that smart people can learn new technologies quickly.
- When it comes to the frontend, you feel personally invested in delivering a great UX. You should enjoy getting to put on your designer hat sometimes.
- You’re not shy about working on our existing Python (Flask) backend. Our API surface area is relatively small, but it still needs care. Even if Flask isn’t your thing, strength in other web-app oriented backends is also great to bring onboard.
More remote react jobs
R&D Content Engineer Auth0
Lead Developer (Remote) PayrollPanda
Remote React Native Front-end Software Developer Optimile NV
Front-end Engineer Jilt