News UK, is a full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an organisation that holds journalism at our heart. Our newspapers and digital products include some of the most powerful media brands in the English-speaking world: the Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun - reaching 30 million people each week. We publish a vast range of content reaching diverse audience and all our brands are united by a commitment to independent journalism which connects with our customers.
Our Department, Technology, has people and product at its heart. Christina Scott, CIO of the Year 2016, leads the department. With many years experience transforming technology in media companies she has set out our vision of passionate and trusted experts creating industry leading solutions through attracting and developing the best talent.
Our Team, Sun Engineering, is part of a thriving engineering community in Technology who design, develop and operate all of News UK's customer facing products and platforms. We are ushering in a new age of products, focusing on new technologies and platforms that will drive our strategic goals across the eco-system, starting with the core website and including a portfolio of products such as Dream Team, Sun Football and others.
Who are you?
- A software engineer with a passion for writing amazing code.
- You are always thinking about the underlying software architecture and how we can continually improve it
- Clean code is extremely important to you and you live by S.O.L.I.D. principles
- You are a advocate of Test Driven Development and understand why it's important to the way you write code
- You champion pair programming.
- You are comfortable working in an Agile environment and know the value of the agile ceremonies.
- You have a passion for solving complex problems
- You are involved in an Open Source project, be it your own or as a contributor.
- You are a team player and love collaborating with others.
- You are actively involved in software community events or meetup's
- You enjoy working in a social workplace.
- Experience with Node JS and Express
- Experience with Flux and Redux
- Experience with Typescript and Elm
- Experience in testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, Enzyme
- Experience in AWS cloud platform
- The ability to mentor and coach junior members of the team
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in working with Webpack
- Experience with React Storybook
- Experience developing against Wordpress API's
- Ability to performance test high traffic websites
- Understanding of SEO
- Experience in creating / managing Jenkins infrastructure and jobs.
To find out more, please send a copy of your cv to:
Vinny Marino- Senior Technical RecruiterApply now