Web and UI Developer
This job offer is expired
Web and UI Developer1133 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036, USAFull-time
RockCreek is a leading global investment management firm that applies data-driven technology and innovation to investing. Its portfolio managers invest in emerging markets and alternatives, and its asset allocation teams invest in multi-asset class and outsourced CIO portfolios and customized solutions. RockCreek’s client base is made up of sophisticated institutional investors, including endowments, foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds. The firm is highly focused on the integration of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors and sustainable impact across portfolios to generate long-term returns. RockCreek has a culture of diversity, debate and relentless drive to excel.
While our core competency is investment, we value our technology as a key part of our service offerings. We are currently redesigning our website to use best-of-breed technologies and a staging and production platform. We also have a growing suite of applications that will need a unified, consistent, and user-focused approach to UX and UI.
RockCreek is looking for a Web and UI Designer to provide a meaningful connection between the company’s public-facing website, internal Intranet, and suite of applications. This role will be responsible for recommending and implementing a web CMS solution, designing and implementing both a staging and production version of a new company website, developing a company Intranet presence, and working with the engineering team to provide consistent designs and front-ends across all of our applications. This will role also frequently communicate with users and stakeholders of our various applications.
Although travel is not expected to be frequent, the Web and UI Developer should be able to occasionally meet onsite with clients and, if not located in the Washington, D.C. area, meet with the team for in-person planning sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or similar, or equivalent professional experience
- At least 3 years experience as a web, UI, or UX developer
- Understanding of user-centered design methods, including portfolio of sites you have designed or co-designed that demonstrate attention to user workflows in addition to static design
- Experience with a major CMS, such as Wordpress, ideally in a multi-staged environment (testing, staging, production, etc.)
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design
- Experience with Jira or Pivotal Tracker
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Past application development using React and/or Vue.js, preferably in the context of single-page applications
- Practical experience performing user studies or documenting user workflows for implementation in web applications
- AWS or Google Cloud experience
- Experience in investment applications or working with the investment and/or financial industry
Please apply by using the 'Apply' button.
RockCreek is a collaborative environment that values openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. In a typical day you will interact with members of all of our teams; engineering is neither siloed nor cut off from the overall RockCreek business. You should be both interested and capable of learning the investment business as it relates to engineering, and creatively looking to enhance the overall RockCreek service offerings.
Agency calls are not appreciated.