Senior Software Engineer, Frontend (Reddit Chat)
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We are establishing our first engineering footprint in Dublin as we look to expand our international presence. Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
The Chat team is paving the way for Reddit to have tens of thousands of vibrant chat rooms that support real-time conversations for the full spectrum of communities, topics, and events. These chat rooms allow users to easily join the conversation and are a major engagement driver for Redditors.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the Chat team, you will create delightful web experiences for hundreds of millions of users around the world. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
You’ll own the front-end development for one or more projects and tackle tough design and product problems alongside other world-class engineers. Our frontend team uses the latest web technologies and we’ll need your expertise to keep us at the cutting-edge by rapidly developing beautiful, fast, and secure experiences for our users.
With our small team, your work will directly impact hundreds of millions of users around the world. Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Shipping new products that will increase Reddit’s ability to deliver information real-time.
- Creating a unified and seamless experience between desktop and mobile.
- Building tools that will improve the experience of our users.
- 5+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Experience with Python or another server-side scripting language.
- Great engineering skills and strong CS fundamentals.
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills.
- Able to work effectively under schedule pressure to fix defects, review code, design, write, test new code, and diagnose production issues.