What you'll do...
- Translate requirements and mockups into fully functioning websites using HTML/CSS/JS/Liquid
- Manage a team of 5-10 mid and associate level developers
- Deliver high output as an individual contributor across an array of projects while meeting deadlines
- Rigorously educate yourself on the latest development techniques and best practices
- Solve technical problems and clearly communicate solutions to team members and clients
- Create documentation for internal teams as well as clients
- Act as a primary technical resource for BVA’s cross-discipline agile teams
- Implement new digital technologies or development techniques that help to meet client goals and business objectives
- Research and deliver the best technical implementations for our eCommerce partners
- Continuously look for ways to improve conversion rates and implement A/B tests
- Perform code reviews, with valuable feedback and mentoring, for mid and associate level developers
What you'll need...
- 5+ years experience converting design mockups into interactive digital experiences
- At least 1 year of experience managing and mentoring junior staff members
- Proficiency in asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Experience working within CMS systems (Wordpress, Drupal, etc.)
- Experience using JS libraries, such as jQuery, React, Vue.js, or Angular
- Deep understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Well-versed in version control systems, such as Git
- A passion for front-end architecture as well as driven attitude towards learning new web technologies
- A solid portfolio of quality, hand-coded responsive web projects (github, codepen, etc.)
- A knack for creating captivating user experiences through today’s leading technology stacks
Bonus points for...
- eCommerce development experience (Shopify, Magento, Volusion, etc.)
- Understanding of conversion rate optimization or data-driven product development (analytics, a/b testing, etc.)
- Knowledge in full stack development (Node.js,PHP,MySQL)
- Experience in agile development teams and agile best practices
- Open-source contributor / active development community member
- Experience developing with front-end prototype frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agency environment with multiple projects assigned at once
- Computer science or related, quantitative, undergraduate degree, development certificate, or comparable educational achievement
Who we are...
- We are a team that leads with results, works hard to build the better, optimizes inward, stays gritty, and strives for excellence.
- We’re a member of San Diego Business Journal’s 2017 Best Places to Work, a 100+ person work fam, passionate, high-growth, fast paced and all in.
- We enjoy tons of office perks, a full social calendar, casual dress code, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO and free swag from premier client brands.
- We are motivated, ambitious and ready to join forces with you to take on the digital world!
What we do...
- We’re one of the six pioneer Shopify Plus agency partners, currently the largest in the world.
- We partner with Shopify Plus, Google, Yotpo, Dynamic Yield and Workarea to offer website design/development, digital marketing, Amazon services and conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- We are innovative, data driven eCommerce experts with a best-in-class technology stack that allows us to create valuable digital experiences and accelerated revenue for our clients.