Front End Engineer
This job offer is expired
Sourcetoad is a technology consulting and software development company. We help clients define, build, and implement software solutions. Our core values can be summed up by our three H’s: Humility, Honesty, and Humor.
We have an opening for a Front End Engineer with strong problem-solving skills. Our Front End Engineers primarily work on React and React Native applications, with occasional work in Vue. While the development is mainly on the front-end, a good understanding of how entire application stacks work and fit together is a must.
Sourcetoad is not a cog-in-a-wheel kind of place. We are a mix of laid-back and professional, with space for flexible work schedules and personal development. We are a company almost exclusively consisting of programmers, so expect high engineering standards (and lots of nerd humor). We believe in selecting the correct technology to solve specific problems, so a desire to learn and adapt to new things is a must.
If you want to...
- Build applications using the latest technologies
- Work within a small team, collaborating with your colleagues (product manager, designer, backend engineers) to ship impactful products
- Work for a company with an amazing culture and fantastic benefits
- Learn from and teach others
You must have…
- Strong understanding of HTTP, HTML, CSS, Web APIs, and other core Web technology concepts
- Experience with modern web frameworks. React and Redux experience is preferred, but alternatives such as Angular or Vue are acceptable.
- Experience with version control, preferably Git
- Experience with a ticketing system, such as JIRA or Trello
- Experience with REST APIs
Would also be great if you have or want to learn...
- Experience with mobile development (React Native)
- Experience working on applications with large user-bases, scalability, and architectural design
- Experience working in an Agile environment, while being able to look to future development roadmaps
- Experience with container services, such as Docker
- Experience with CI systems
- Collaborating effectively with others, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong
- Personal open-source projects