Senior UI Engineer
NGINX, Inc. is the company behind NGINX, the popular open source project trusted by more than 450 million sites. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications, as well as deliver new, microservicesbased applications. Companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonalds rely on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed innovation.
NGINX Software, Inc. is building the applications to help millions of our loyal users do more with their NGINX servers, and we are currently searching for a Senior UI Engineer to join our global headquarters in San Francisco. You will have a major hand in the design and implementation of NGINX’s new control plane applications. Our control plane products make it easy for customers to improve the performance, reliability, and security of their applications. You will apply your talent, knowledge, skills, and experience to develop innovative, rich, easy-to-use UIs that match the cutting-edge, high-quality technology and products NGINX is known for worldwide.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, work for an open source company, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
- Develop rich, easy-to-use, web-based UIs for a suite of applications spanning single-tenant, on-prem installations through our multi-tenant SaaS cloud services
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, UX designers, and engineering leaders to implement UI features with an iterative approach
- Provide domain expertise in single-page application development using React and related libraries/toolchains
- Prioritize time and needs to meet goals, roadmap commitments, and production deadlines
- Demonstrate, promote, and evolve established UI guidelines, best practices, testing, and coding standards
- Continuously deliver releases using a lean, agile process
- 2-plus years of experience using React in a production application
- Advanced understanding of the React architecture and ecosystem
- Deep architectural knowledge of client application layers, design patterns, and how browsers work
- Mastery of your preferred development editor and Git in a CI/CD environment
- Experience developing innovative visualizations and user interfaces for enterprise or SaaS products
- Ability and desire to continuously learn, and visible passion about user experience, technology, software development processes and quality
- Demonstrable track record of delivering releases with good velocity
- BS degree in CS, CE, EE or related discipline
NGINX, Inc. started as and will always be an open source company, and as a result, our culture shares many characteristics with the open source community itself. This culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a growing company with a startup feel and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If our team has one thing in common, it’s our passion for NGINX and dedication to a global product that’s beloved by hundreds of millions of people.
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.Apply now