Senior Frontend Engineer (f/m/d)
Delivery Hero is building the next generation of online food-delivery platforms. We are truly international with engineering teams in 12 countries and operations in 40+ countries.
Delivery Hero Tech has played an instrumental role in the large growth of our company.
Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with an online search for food and ending with a delicious meal arriving at your doorstep.
What’s on the menu?
- Delivery Hero is looking for an enthusiastic front-end engineer to join the team, it will be your job to improve and maintain our Web interfaces, which are an important entry point for our users.
- You will work in a cross-functional Scrum team together with Product, QA, Front- and Back- end developers.
- You implement new functionality for our users, AB-tests to test new hypotheses and from time to time you completely overhaul a piece of code to simplify our platform.
- It speaks for itself that you are responsible for delivering features in time, use a consistent and clear style of coding and you know your ReactJS stack.
What do you bring to the table?
- You enjoy working in a team and have very good communication skills using verbal English.
- You like building performant and quickly loading web pages.
- You have an eye for detail, but know where to strike a balance between time to market and delivering a quality and scalable system.
- You know your way around ReactJS, Redux, Webpack, and can use them to build awesome features for modern browsers.
- You are excited about AMP and PWA and want to contribute to building them.
- Understanding principles of component-driven architecture.
- You believe in data-driven optimisations for technical performance.
- When you think about the implementation, you think about Mobile, Desktop and Tablets at once, and build things consistently and in a responsive way.
- You use CSS animations to make things fly across the page at 60fps and help show your product owners what's possible with modern technology.
- You like building web pages that offer a great user experience in for an e-commerce product.
- You believe in automated tests and want to contribute to automation tools.
- Experience in writing tests
- Knowledge of AB testing using Google Analytics
- Functional Programming experience
- Knowledge of Promises and async programming patterns
- Enjoy playing kicker or table-tennis
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups and in our active guilds.
- Get to know your colleagues during company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- English is our working language, and our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe, working in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Flexible working hours, with the option of home office.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Enjoy fresh fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Take a break with Kicker or table tennis.
- Take a timeout in our nap room.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Enjoy massages or get your hair cut in the office.
Are you the missing ingredient? Send us your CV!
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Find our stack here.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.Apply now