Frontend Engineer (new team for design systems)
This job offer is expired
We're hiring an experienced Frontend Engineer to our new Smartly.io Tools Team. You’ll be responsible for building our frontend component library based on the Smartly.io design system, as well as driving its adoption in the Smartly.io application. You’ll take ownership of the frontend project as a whole and help the team build tooling, best practices and the overall architecture.
Tech stack: React, Lerna, TypeScript, Flow, Styled Components, Angular.js
The upcoming Tools Team of 7 Engineers will be responsible for building the foundation for our future growth. One important part of this work is developing the Smartly-UI component library and overseeing the application frontend. The team is also overseeing the development of the core Smartly PHP application and architecture, as well as taking over the developer tooling development.
You'll work in a highly autonomous self-organising development team that owns its roadmap, and chooses its own technologies. You’ll develop the product at a fast pace and in close cooperation with the end users - the largest and most advanced online marketers globally.
What will be your responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining a brand new Smartly.io frontend component library with React, TypeScript and Styled Components.
- Improving the whole UI development process together with the design team.
- Ensuring the adoption of the component library by working with existing codebase.
- Owning the build and release processes of the application frontend as well as improving our frontend architecture and ways of working.
What we're looking for:
- Strong experience in working with a React based component library.
- Experience in working closely with designers.
- Background in working with a SaaS product that’s being developed by multiple teams.
- Bonus points for experience with multiple-package-development or visual regression testing.
What we offer you:
- Chance to work with and architect a modern UI component library that is used by multiple teams.
- Strong culture of ownership, which means you can have a significant personal impact on the products we’re building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business.
- Opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there if you’re interested in working closely with customers.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Support for relocation.