Contract Senior Front-end Developer - cutting edge digital transformation
This job offer is expired
Zone is a digital agency specialising in delivery, technology and content. We are currently working with a multinational energy and services company that is about to embark on a major digital transformation programme. We are looking for experienced Senior Front-end Developers to join the team in Surrey and help us deliver one of the largest and most ambitious programmes in the energy sector in the UK.
- 6 months initial contract (with a view to extend, project will last at least 2 years )
- Day rate up to £650pd
What will you be doing?
- Work as a senior front-end engineer on one of our core agile product teams, you will own the technical implementation of features for your product.
- Ensure a high level of automated test coverage so we can iterate quickly and effectively.
- Shape the evolution of your product by looking at customer feedback, analytics, trends and opportunities along with the rest of your product team.
- Review code and technical designs from your peer developers.
- Share development best practices and ideas.
- Contribute to open source initiatives. We love open source!
- Manage one or more front-end developers, ensuring that they are inspired and motivated to deliver the best work possible
- Ensure that everyone you manage has regular appraisals, clear objectives and a career plan to work towards
- Assess and identify challenges around project or department resourcing
- Lead any recruitment of permanent or freelance staff as necessary
What you will have:
- A good chunk of knowledge/experience around frameworks like Ember / React / Angular.
- Experience with agile engineering practices including Continuous Integration, Test driven development and opportunistic refactoring.
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs from web applications.
- Personal drive to stay updated with the latest web application technology trends and practices.
- A passion to build and ship engaging, innovative web applications to market quickly.
- Portfolios, demos of your work that will blow us away! Please feel free to provide us evidence on your application / CV.