← Back to all jobs
Product Engineer, Team Lead
This job offer is expired
First is a venture-backed technology company at the intersection of artificial intelligence and real estate. We are building the operating system for real estate agents and intend to fundamentally change how real estate agents handle their most important asset - their network.
Our core product helps agents win listings from their network through more timely, targeted, and personalized outreach. We have won industry awards, and plan to stay at the forefront of innovation in real estate.
As an early and senior member of a growing team, you’ll have significant ownership, input, and influence over the work that we do, and how we do it. You will work alongside product managers and designers to help guide key design, architecture and technology decisions. You will develop and enhance the front-end, mobile apps, and back end applications, working in React, React Native, and Ruby on Rails. You will develop a product that meets the needs of our rapidly growing userbase. This includes driving the product roadmap, bringing "design thinking" on product features, coordinating development efforts across the team, and working alongside designers to iterate on product UI/UX. When you’re successful, your work will increase the efficiency and productivity of real estate agents across the country.
What you bring to the table
- You have a passion for building products that affect real change in people's day-to-day lives
- You have a generalist mindset, excited to jump into many parts of the stack to ship working software
- You have clear, effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have experience with agile practices, including TDD/BDD, continuous delivery, object oriented design, etc
- You are comfortable with asynchronous development: pull requests, chat, email, etc
Extra bonus points for
- Desire to grow and lead a team of product engineers
- 1-2 years of experience with React, or React Native
- Experience with GraphQL
- Proficiency in GitHub workflow
- Design skills, or at least a strong design sense
- Experience with pair programming (remote or in-person)
- Experience working on a geographically distributed team
- Open source contributions and/or side projects
- Passion for Real Estate or eagerness to learn
Why we love it here
- First is a fast-growing, venture-backed, technology company in its early days
- Work with a team that inspires and challenges each other to grow
- Great health benefits: we’ve got you covered with health, vision and dental - we pay 100% of your premiums and 50% for dependents
- Generous PTO policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More remote react jobs
Software Engineer II OmniSci, Inc
Senior Frontend Developer SunteckTTS