Senior React.js Engineer - join us to build tools for other developers
Load Impact Engineers build next-generation, performance testing tools for other developers and DevOps engineers. Our open-source load testing platform, k6 is at the forefront of innovation in performance testing space. It is one of the trending projects on github, with over 5k stars.
We embrace open source, and publish most of our “secret sauce” on GitHub, for developers to review, edit and improve!
Recently we have made a decision to transition our app from Ember.js to React.js. As a react engineer you will be part of the team responsible for architecting and developing our single page app that serves thousands of our customers every day on app.loadimpact.com. Since we are currently in a growth phase with an exciting roadmap ahead of us, you will contribute to the design and implementation of several new major features.
As a Software Engineer, you will work in a small team and have the ability to switch your role to Python/Go backend, UX, or even DevOps to keep things interesting. Load Impact is growing, and we encourage our engineers to grow with the company and learn new technologies as the company expands. This is not a job where you do the same thing every day.
We need your react expertise to expand the functionality and scale the service to match customer's expectations.
Due to our small teams and fast development pace, you will have a substantial and immediate impact on how the end product is architected, developed, and how the engineering team operates. Most importantly, you will work with competent colleagues and will be able to expand your knowledge and skills in different directions.
Skills and requirements
- You are best in class frontend engineer, or on your way there
- Solid experience with single page apps connecting to REST/APIs services
- Solid experience with react.js.
- Attention to details, and passion for quality
- Be well versed in ES6 and modern CSS
It’s an advantage if you:
- have an interest in developing your backend skills
- have experience with WebSockets
- have interest or experience in performance investigations and load testing
- have experience in data analyzing, and presenting charts, trends, etc.
- Develop our new single page app based on the React.js, interfacing with our REST API.
- Maintain a scalable and modular CSS architecture
- Collaborate with the design/product team on improving user experience
- Develop our test suite to make sure it keeps an even pace with the development of the app
- Apply via this form. If you don’t have a ready CV, send us a short intro with a link to your GitHub account, if that’s quicker
- We do a first-pass screening
- We’ll either ask you to do a code assignment (on your own time) or you can show us one of your existing projects (one that you are proud of)
- We hold an interview with you where we talk about the code assignment or one of your projects, as well as ask you additional questions. This will involve 1-2 people from Load Impact
- We let you know whether we want to give you an offer and you let us know whether you’re still interested
We accept remote applications in +/- 3h time difference from the head office in Stockholm. About 50% of us work remotely from Croatia, Serbia, Ukraine, Russia and Bulgaria, the rest of the team is located in Stockholm, Sweden. If you work locally, we expect you to be in the office on Mondays and Wednesdays. You can work remotely for the rest of the week :-)
Recruiting is ongoing. We will respond to your application immediately. If you don’t have a CV ready, don’t create one, send us a link to your Github/LinkedIn with a few sentences about yourself.Apply now