Senior Frontend Engineer
This job offer is expired
Have strong opinions about software engineering? Love what you do and working with passionate coworkers? Lottery.com’s engineering team is hiring!
Title: Principal Frontend Engineer
Reports To: Director of Engineering
At Lottery.com we’re assembling a world-class team of brilliant minds, resourceful doers and creative problem-solvers with a ‘find a way or make a way’ attitude. Founded in 2015 and based in San Francisco, California, Lottery.com is creating the next generation of lottery ticket sales & ticket management systems. We make buying and redeeming lottery tickets more convenient, secure and intelligent through our mobile application and online platform. We look for candidates that demonstrate what we call the “three Is” -- Intelligence, Integrity and Intrinsic motivation.
Our frontend engineering team is our product. We support multiple different applications, each on both Android and iOS powered by React Native. Engineering at Lottery.com is divided into several squads, each on the smaller side at 5-6 engineers. We bias towards passionate engineers who bring experience, well reasoned opinions and a variety of perspectives to the table. We encourage honest debate and emphasize concrete, forward-thinking solutions. We operate on a weekly schedule, have regular internal demos/tech talks, and a weekly retrospective. We’re experienced and confident but have no ego, we’re open minded and constantly looking for ways to improving ourselves and our processes.
- Design and implement user facing features in React Native for our applications iOS and Android applications.
- Work as a team with your peers, collaborating on product design, mentoring teammates and pushing our entire platform forwards.
- Partner with the product and design teams to ensure we are building efficient and beautiful designs.
- Focus on reusability and best practices, stay up to date on latest innovations in our industry and within our stack
- Help us push the boundaries on what a small team can produce and maintain with simple code and well thought out architecture.
- 5+ years experience developing mobile applications, including expertise with Android, iOS and/or React Native.
- A portfolio of beautiful and functional visual implementations on mobile platforms
- Ability to pass background check, has appropriate work authorization
- Constant positive, can-do attitude that helps motivate and encourage your whole team.
- An ability to always focus on the company objectives and the mission at hand.
- Ability to work remotely and independently, but be available on Slack and sync up to our time-zone (PST) for meetings and discussions.
- Familiarity and comfort working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Honorable discharge (military only)
- Experience in ReactJS / React Native / React-Native-Web
- Familiarity with WordPress / Web design standards and development
- Comfortable with / passionate about giving internal tech talks / writing for company engineering blog