Workgrid Software - Senior Software Engineer (Node/React/AWS)
This job offer is expired
Senior Software Engineer – Workgrid
Job Location: Belfast, UK
Workgrid Software, an award-winning collaboration of Liberty IT and Liberty Mutual technical expertise, is a startup software provider of intelligent workplace solutions.
Workgrid is changing the way enterprise software is built. Workgrid’s mission is to create beautiful purpose-built software that integrates systems and tools found in the workplace to enable enterprises to deliver personalized and contextual information to each of their employees with a modern unified experience.
At Workgrid, we believe workplace employees should be productive, not busy. The amount of systems in an enterprise environment is overwhelming for employees. Workforces are overloaded with information, spending hours checking and managing their work, finding information, and taking action on menial tasks. This is causing significant communication and productivity issues in the workplace.
Workgrid focuses on creating solutions that solve the most common and inefficient workplace technology challenges faced by mid-large global businesses. Everything we do is because we believe people have a purpose. We create intuitive experiences that enable human potential by building software that people love.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a passion to develop software that delights our customers
- Enjoys the craft of software development
- Builds quality into the software you write
- You have a curiosity about how things work.
- An ability to collaborate in a team atmosphere.
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your positive attitude and technical ability.
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
- You write understandable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- When things break, you are eager and able to help fix things.
In this role, you will:
- Will have the opportunity to work on our Serverless global platform built on AWS which enables:
- Building backend APIs using Node
- Frontend web applications using React
- Work as a technical lead across the whole software development lifecycle for a key feature or platform capability.
- Take a customer-centric approach to deliver real value and solve complex business problems working as part of an agile team.
- Work with customers to analyze their business problems, identify their needs and have input into the solutions that meet this need.
- Have input into overall architectural and technical decisions and create complex software designs from requirements.
- Contribute to the oversight of processes and standards to ensure the delivery of high quality, tested, well performing and secure code by the team.
- Lead and support team in implementing continuous improvement opportunities across all aspects of the product.
- Coach, mentor and provide feedback to the team.
- Continuously develop your skills and knowledge.
- Use a range of architectures, tools and frameworks, and have the opportunity to experiment and learn new technologies.
- Actively seek opportunities to collaborate with and learn from Workgrid Engineers across our organization through internal networks, events and communities of practice.
- A minimum of three years’ relevant postgraduate software development experience in a commercial environment.
- 2+ years experience with Node and/or React.
- A proven ability to deliver high quality, working code to solve complex business requirements.
Competitive salary and benefits offered