With a multifaceted skill set, our Software Engineer should be product-minded and self-driven,and be able to apply themselves across frontend, backend, data and infrastructure. BigSpringis rapidly growing and our Software Engineer must succeed in all that this entails, includingarchitecting new codebases, translating business needs into actionable work, and knowingwhen to move fast against when to take the time to do something right.
BigSpring’s product ecosystem centers around a progressive web application serving hundredsof thousands of users within network and hardware constrained environments internationally.Additionally, we have several web applications and tools supporting content management, clientsuccess, analytics, reporting, and more.
What you will do:
- Build software in a full-stack capacity, frontend and backend, from architecture throughdeployment to the enduser.
- Contribute to existing products and services as well as build new ones.
- Execute end-to-end ownership and accountability over the projects you work on.
- Work relatively independently and asynchronously as part of a small US-based productteam within a global company across several time zones.
- Contribute to product ideation and feature specification.
- Shape our engineering culture, values, and processes.
What you will need:
- Demonstrated experience with a modern web technology stack that includes React,React Native, Node, AWS Lambda, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Apollo and Typescript.
- Demonstrated experience shipping software as part of a small team.
- Familiarity with emerging web platform best-practices, including progressive webapplications, service workers, network optimization, and performance optimization.
- A willingness to be a broad generalist, wear many hats, and react to changingrequirements.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks, work autonomously, understand technical tradeoffs.
- A product-first mindset with a forward-thinking approach about how to use your craft toenable and evolve the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially when working withnontechnical stakeholders.
- Passion and enthusiasm about what you do.