Front End Web Developer
This job offer is expired
We are hiring a Web Developer - Front End
Join our team to bring the best of the modern web to healthcare and medical research.Ctrl Group builds products that make the experience of participating in medical research simple and transparent. When more people are included in research and richer data can be gathered, then it becomes possible to improve the way healthcare works for everyone.
We are looking for a front-end web developer to join our team of designers, developers and researchers in London, UK. At the moment we are focused on developing a chat-based system for guiding people through the (often bewildering) experience of taking part in medical research. We are also developing new interactive ways of measuring people’s cognitive health (think short games and tasks, a little bit like brain-training, but more scientific). Lastly, we are doing some really exciting and explorative work in natural language processing and voice-based UI.
You will be responsible for building a front-end pattern library and overseeing its use across our various products and supporting websites. As part of this, you will create a set of high-quality reusable web components that allow or team to build websites and apps quickly and with a high degree of consistency.
Our users are the people who are generous enough to offer their time and energy to take part in medical research, often when they are not feeling particularly well. First and foremost, the products we develop need to provide an excellent user-experience while also gathering high-quality data.
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys working in small mixed teams, in close collaboration with designers, researchers and medical scientists
- Has a strong interest in the role of technology to improve medical research and healthcare
- Has a good understanding of web-technologies and can produce well-architected HTML, CSS and JS
- Is interested in learning about and applying new approaches to web development such as web components and progressive web apps.
Is not tied to a particular framework and who is happy to apply their skills to new tools if the need arises. However, familiarity with some or all of the following languages and platforms would be helpful:
- Web components with PolymerJS
- Front-end build systems such as Jekyll, Gulp, Webpack
- CSS processors such as SASS and PostCSS
Cares about good craft in software design and continually improving the best practices of the team
We are especially interested in applicants who have, or are keen to develop, complementary skills in design, user-research and data-science.
What we are offering:
- As well as a competitive salary we are offering matched pension contributions and family-friendly working arrangements.
No agencies please.