Senior Full Stack Engineer
This job offer is expired
Advanon is looking to add a key new talent to its growing engineering team!
If you have the drive to push forward a B2B FinTech startup that’s leading the invoice financing marketplace in Switzerland, joining our team will put you in a prime position to do just that. Advanon offers an online platform that allows small and medium businesses (SMEs) to access needed liquidity by selling their open invoices directly to financial investors.
As we are growing and extending our portfolio of products, we're evolving the architecture of our platform which opens up some exciting opportunities to develop (micro-)services with a modern tech stack in an agile environment. Our team consists of 36 (and growing) visionary people coming from diverse backgrounds (Google, ING, IBM, ETH, EY). We are proud to say we have over 16 different nationalities on the team, a growing presence of women in key roles, and a healthy work-life balance that results in high performance and achievements.
What You Will Do:
- Drive the development of the Advanon platform and related applications
- Present and evaluate new technologies and architectures, and contribute across the entire development lifecycle
- Work together in small, highly motivated, interdisciplinary teams, on a product that will change the way current financing is done
- Work closely with experienced engineering leads, architects, and product managers to ensure alignment between business, product, and engineering
- Foster technical excellence, maintain a high quality bar, and mentor more junior engineers in the team
- Take full ownership of product features and issues to be tackled - including architectural design, implementation, automated testing, runtime monitoring, and user feedback
- Analyze risks and evaluate trade-offs to make technical decisions with the team in a highly dynamic environment that needs to be able to adapt to change
- 4+ years experience of development in 1 or more of: Ruby, Node.js, React, Java
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent training
- Experience with AWS and/or other Cloud providers
- Experienced in test-driven development
- Knowledge of relational databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of microservices and REST API architectures
- Experience with version control systems, git workflows, basics of DevOps processes
- Solid understanding of scalable distributed systems is a plus
- Eager to learn and grow, dive into new technologies, write clean and well-tested code
- Fluent in English
- You are innovative and enjoy going the extra mile to reach success
- An independent work style and the ability to work under pressure
- Valid working permission for Switzerland or Swiss/EU citizenship
What We Offer:
- Achieving success with an innovative and passionate group of professionals
- Compensation includes equity in the company
- An extensive range of fringe benefits:
- Unlimited paid holiday (25 days in the contract, and additional days available upon achieving results
- Annual vacation budget for payment of hotel / flights
- Annual city transport pass
- 3 months paternity / 6 months maternity leave
- Remote work time (2 weeks per quarter)
- Advacoins: fill your wallet with Advacoins, and redeem for stuff like gym memberships, Netflix/Spotify accounts, Kindle, or even a Vespa!
If you fit the profile we are seeking, and have the drive to make a big impact in an agile startup environment, upload your CV and cover letter, and we'll get back in touch within a week.