Messaging Apps Platform Web Client Developer
This job offer is expired
DESCRIPTION: Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
Mobile & Messaging Applications
The Mobile & Messaging Apps team creates mobile commerce and retail experiences through the Apple Store App (ASA), Apple Retail’s presence on iOS. Integration with revolutionary technologies and adoption of HI design standards allow us to set the bar for other iOS applications. We are also very excited to announce that our customer base is expanding into the hundreds of millions, as ASA will now be pre-installed on all new iOS devices!
In addition to ASA, we are building the next generation of Apple’s engagement and communication with customers through the Messaging Apps Platform, which powers the company's official WeChat and iOS Business Chat accounts. Our customers increasingly prefer chat, text, and voice when communicating with Apple, and now through their messaging app or voice assistance of choice, can learn about our products, see what’s new, get AppleCare support, and even purchase directly from Apple Retail.
Across both ASA and MAP, our team is comprised of driven and diverse individuals who share a common passion for building mobile experiences, breaking boundaries in technology, and enriching people’s lives.
- An understanding of the engineering of the whole product. Someone who has worked on not just frontend but also backend projects, build environments, deployments, etc. would be highly desirable.
- An ability to read and understand Chinese would be helpful, although not required.
- An entrepreneurial mindset. Since the project is so new, there are many places where not all of the processes are fully developed yet. To be successful, you need to be willing to be creative and persistent in finding the solutions.
- Curiosity. In addition to being a new project, this is also being built with fast moving technologies. Being curious about new ideas and practices and tools is essential.
We are looking for an architect level or senior level engineer to join the frontend team. This person - hopefully you - will be responsible for:
- Taking on the more difficult engineering tasks.
- Making technical decisions as to the future structure and tools used by the team.
- Setting a direction for future releases of the product.
- Designing and prototyping new projects.
- Delivering demos to executives and participating in reviews.
- Becoming an expert in the code base so that production issues can be resolved quickly and correctly.
Often these tasks will require coordinating with different parts of our team and external teams.
Education:Degree in Computer Science and at least 5 years of industry experience
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 113724958COMPANY NAME: Apple Inc.