Senior Frontend Engineer (React)
Monday.vc is looking for a senior front engineer to join our early stage, fast growing team.
You’d be responsible for building, testing, and maintaining front technology (mainly using React, but you will need to jump into some AngularJS code at times), that can scale from giving service to our current 100+ clients to thousands of them in the near future.
It’s a plus if you feel comfortable helping with backend code in Ruby on Rails.
This is an excellent next career step if you want to:
- Take the next big step in your career and make a serious impact on an early-stage team
- Work remotely for a company with an intentional, healthy remote culture
- Find yourself constantly thinking about more efficient ways to architect technology to scale services up that have a direct impact on a business
What We Do
- We imagine a world where everyone is energized to start their week fully aligned with their work. The best jobs (and hires!) are found through relationships and trust, so we build tools that increase efficiency for the world’s most valuable networks.
How We Work
- We’re a scrappy team of entrepreneurs from all over the world who have come together to create a culture we’re proud of. We work remotely because we believe that the best talent shouldn’t be constrained by borders. To compensate for our physical distance, we bring intention to our communication in both structure and content.
Where We've Been
- June 2016: Started as a spin-out from a previous startup, ReWork (acquired).
- January 2017: Joined Techstars Boulder
- August 2017: Launched Job Board product
- May 2018: Launched Talent Network product
- September 2018: Crossed 100 paying clients
- December 2018: Grew to 6 team members; Bootstrapped +300% revenue from 2017 to 2018
What We’re Looking For
You are a senior frontend engineer with +5 years of work experience and are fluent with frontend development. You want to contribute in these areas of our business:
- Frontend development
- Code interfaces for:
- Our job board product. You can see some examples of this product here:
- Our Talent Network product. You can see some examples of this product here:
- Our main website, Monday.vc. This is the website we use to communicate with our existing and potential clients about who we are, what we do and why we do it.
- A/B test different versions of our products when needed to make sure we maximize the number of clients that reach out to us.
- Write tests to minimize the number of bugs we push to production
- Write documentation to make sure our team knows how to use and QA the technology you implement
- Backend development (RoR)
- Although you will not be responsible for owning the backend technology of our company, you will need to develop backend code at times when it’s easier having one person owning the full implementation of a feature or our backend engineers need support.
- UX design
- Collaborate on designing UX mockups to make sure the code we develop is what our clients are asking us for.
What Makes It Different
- Traction; we have an existing business that has bootstrapped successfully and grown using the money we’ve earned from real customers!
- Healthy Team Dynamics; we’ve run remote companies for our whole careers and understand what it takes to establish healthy remote work dynamics.
- Freedom; we don’t have set vacation days, and we do everything possible to set you up for success by helping you create your unique ideal working environment.
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage startup (0.1% – 0.3%).
- Competitive salary (~$4.5K/mo).
You’d Describe Yourself As:
- A tenacious problem-solver; you hold your performance to a high bar and are motivated to consistently work towards stretch goals; you’re resourceful and not offset or discouraged by unforeseen challenges.
- Detail oriented; you see the typos in an email even if you try not to. When testing code, often you spot bugs by simply looking at the code without making it run.
- A team player; you manage priorities effectively with a keen awareness toward how your work can support the team; you naturally break down silos with proactive communication.
- Someone who takes ownership; you like to take ownership for the projects you are leading and do whatever it takes to make sure those projects are successful.
- Receptive to feedback from clients and team members and take ownership to implement improvements you believe are necessary.
Transparent with your process and proactively give feedback to other team members when you have it.Apply now