Mid-level Front End Developer
This job offer is expired
We are looking for a cutting-edge Front-End Developer to join our creative studio, building projects for all the major movie studios and primarily contributing to our Showtimes Platform and a brand new product!
We need someone who loves working on a long term, large scale product, but also likes to dabble in experimental coding and prototyping. Experience working alongside other coders is a huge bonus and you should be able to follow direction and adapt to a team dynamic quickly.
What You’ll Work On:
Showtimes Movie Platform:
You will be building out a variety of movie ticketing websites on our Showtimes Movie Platform. This platform enables us to build out dozens of movie websites each month, and we are constantly improving the diversity and creativity of these builds, as well as the actual product with which we build these sites.
Our platform gets 2.2 million visits a week and has 2 component parts, the all-movie destination (http://movies.powster.com) and the individual movie pages ex:(Star Wars, Ant-Man, The Martian, etc). This is a really exciting time to be joining the team as we are in the midst of launching a lot of new features and capabilities within our product and you will be able to contribute ideas to this product plan and help to build it out! You’ll be working on building out tons of exciting new movie websites, developing the showtimes platform further, and taking it to the next level for major movie studios internationally.
You'll also be working on a brand new product with the exciting ability to shape this from the beginning!
- Expert level CSS/Sass knowledge (animations, layouts, cross-browser)
- Experience with React or Preact
- Experience with webpack
- Experienced with Git/Github
- Mobile-first and responsive web development
- Familiarity with cross-browser and cross-device performance, issues and tricks
- Knowledge and desire to make the most performant front-end experiences
- Detail oriented when working from designs and detailed instructions
- Command line proficiency
- 3-5 years professional work experience minimum
Nice to haves:
- Node.js experience
- Design skills
- UX experience
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience managing a team