Software Engineer - Frontend
We are building the future of freight
At Mothership, we believe in unlocking the world's potential through speeding up the delivery of everything people need. Started in 2017, we’re backed by some of venture capital’s best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today’s most innovative companies.
To accelerate our mission and success, we’re looking for a Software Engineer with a proven track record to build and expand our world class team. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
The ideal candidate for this position should have an established background in building highly scalable, responsive, low latency real-time user interfaces for high traffic web and mobile applications. Enjoyment in working on complex systems and a drive to build quality software is a must. Lastly, this individual should have a product-centered outlook and passion for achieving operational goals via quality software to succeed.
What you'll get to do
- Work hand in hand with our design team on modern user interfaces and experiences.
- Spec the architecture and execution of our web and mobile front-end clients.
- Design and build dynamic, responsive, low latency and real-time user interfaces in next generation frameworks such as React.
- Work within a strongly test driven development structure.
- Constantly monitor performance using the latest tools to increase stability and efficiency.
- Work with our acquisition team to increase overall conversion through rigorous A/B and user funnel tests.
- Establish key metrics to indicate success or failure after new product rollouts.
- Help build a world class team of front-end engineers around you.
What success looks like in this role
- 2+ years building dynamic, responsive, low latency and real-time user interfaces for high traffic web and mobile products.
- Deep knowledge of React and NodeJS built with Redux, Sagas and Thunks.
- Ability to build out component based front-end architecture.
- Experience working with designers communicating in a clear and concise way.
- Understanding of complex user tasks that scale from novice to advanced.
- Experience working in a fast paced and execution focused environment.
- Strong accountability, work ethic and sense of urgency.
- Experience working at a tech startup.
- Familiarity with machine learning, AI platforms.
- Familiarity with route optimization.
- Familiarity with React, React Native and/or native mobile development.
Technologies we're working with
- NodeJS + Express
- React & React Native
What you'll get from Mothership
- Highly competitive salary and employee stock options.
- Full health, dental and vision (PPO).
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in West Los Angeles.
- Equipped with the latest MacBook and sit / stand desk.
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
Sound like a place you’d be a great addition to? Let’s chat.Apply now