Senior Frontend Engineer
At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical and UX problems on our mobile apps that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join one of our Web teams and help build the tools that hundreds of human coaches use every day to help our users change their lives for the better.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We’re a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You’ll get three weeks’ paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We’ll Like About You
- You have 4+ years of experience building modern applications that are designed to run in the browser and take full advantage of the best technologies to deliver a rich, dynamic experience to your users.
- You possess deep, strategic knowledge of frontend platforms, including JS, ES20xx, CSS, browser technologies and platforms—and love mentoring less-senior engineers in it.
- You have built complex componentized applications with frontend web technologies like Vue or React.
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You have a proven track record of building complex technology and guiding less senior members of the team to create code that is well-organized, easy to read and maintain, and optimized for its intended purpose