Software Engineer - Design System
As an Engineer in the Design Fundamentals team in Berlin, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the future of Zalando’s Design System and help us building and maintaining Zalando’s Design System UI framework and toolings.
Our goal is to support other product teams to be more productive and to be more focus on improving their user experience and business performance through a set of well structured, reusable CSS and React components.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
You will tackle this challenge by evolving our design system and working closely with experienced designers and product owner; turn design concepts into responsive, accessible delightful experiences for our customers; build, test and deploy automation; tooling support (CLI and web) and last but not least, top-notch coding and delivering high quality experience with performance, quality and stability.
- Empower engineers across Zalando to build responsive, accessible delightful experiences with minimal effort and enable them delivering on their purpose
- Consult product engineering team on best practises for UI development
- Making a positive impact on our engineering culture, encouraging knowledge sharing and driving technical discussions within the team
- Challenging the status quo by being eager to discuss your thoughts with the professional community
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Mastery of HTML, CSS including solving cross-browser/platform UI compatibility issues
- Passion about user-experience
We search for talents that are eager to join our team. So even if you don’t fulfil all criteria, please just let us know why you think you are a phenomenal addition to our team!
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Work happens in international dynamic teams. Openness and idea exchange are not only encouraged, they’re lived. Collaboration extends beyond your immediate team, as we pull together across functions, locations and management levels to achieve shared goals in a cohesive way.
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.Apply now