Front-End Senior Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
Apptegy is an Education Technology company based in Little Rock, Arkansas. We are growing and we're launching an office in Monterrey. This team will work directly with our teams in Little Rock. Together we are building products and platforms that help schools thrive by making it easy for schools to share positive stories with their communities and the world.
About you and about the role
Apptegy is looking to add senior front end developers to our growing engineering team. We take design and user experience seriously and are proud of the fact that our users love our platforms and come from a wide range of backgrounds and technical experience. Front-End development as such is front-and-center in our minds and plays a pivotal role in the building of new products and is critical to the ongoing improvement of our existing interfaces.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned front-end engineer to come work on a highly motivated team that is building technology to revolutionize how schools communicate with their students and communities.
You understand that no one is perfect, that we all have weak spots, and you want to master the skill of self-improvement.
You are driven to do amazing work and complete every task to the best of your ability.
You constantly push yourself to get more done in less time by attacking your work with intensity.
You ask for help when you need it, own up to your mistakes, and put the needs of your colleagues above your own ego.
About the role:
This position is located in our Monterrey, NL office and will be working closely with the team there and with the team in Little Rock.
Things you will do:
- Working closely with the engineering team to build new product interfaces and improve existing ones.
- Deliver clean and reusable Vue.js front-end components.
- Have a strong say in design reviews and project estimates.
- Connecting to back end APIs and presenting data cleanly and beautifully.
- Be a strong advocate for front-end in the company, pushing for best practices and high standards.
- 4+ years developing front-end components using a modern front-end framework (ideally Vue.js or React).
- Proficient in styling technologies (ideally SASS).
- Has one or more complex web applications currently in production.
- Top communication skills for both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience in automated testing a plus (e.g. Selenium or Cypress)
- Some general Amazon Web Services and DevOps experience.
- Awareness of Accessibility issues and related compliance.
More about Apptegy
Apptegy’s mission is to help school leaders share the story of every student. Amazing moments are happening in school districts, but those moments rarely become stories that reach the community. Our products empower school leaders and educators to share those stories and run better schools.
Our unique value is with our publishing platform, Thrillshare, that allows schools to update all of their online communication from one place. Schools can write a message once, and Thrillshare automatically updates their iPhone app, Android app, website, Twitter, Facebook, text messages, and voice calls.
What it’s like to work at Apptegy
Working at Apptegy is… different. For many of our team members, working here is unlike anything they’ve experienced. We’re not going about building a company the easy way. Scaling a rapidly growing startup is difficult, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. If the challenge excites you as much as it does us, come learn more about what we're building and what it takes to be part of Apptegy: Thoughtfulness and High Performance.
Internally, we look for chances to make each others’ days. Noticing someone needs a pick-me-up, remembering birthdays, and celebrating others’ success all help strengthen our internal bonds. Externally, we want to amaze people with how much we care about both the products we build and the services we provide — that happens by noticing and acting on opportunities to value others.
What we are trying to accomplish is hard. While thoughtfulness is central to how we engage others, a personal ethic of high performance is needed across the company for us to succeed. High performance is a major focus in every role across the company.
Salary, benefits, and why you’ll love working at Apptegy
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Work with great people in a fun environment (instagram.com/apptegy/)
- Be a part of a team that is transforming the way schools engage their communities!