Your Role at Wayfair
- Write scalable, performant, readable, and tested frontend code
- Take ownership of certain features and deliver them in collaboration with other engineers, product managers and designers
- Lead software architecture and design phases for new features, providing design feedback based on a strong working knowledge of software design principles.
- Provide mentorship and guidance for peers and more junior engineers
- Prioritize your own work and manage timely responses to requests from product managers
- Complete technical discoveries to turn large ambiguous user stories into actionable work.
- Prototype new features and approaches for experimentation and idea validation
- Own communications for issue or roadblock escalation and understands when and how to do so effectively
- Work closely with product designers and colleagues from across the organization to introduce new features
- Write documentation!
- Contribute to and help drive decisions, initiatives, and coding patterns throughout Wayfair
- Write code that is seen by millions of customers each day!
Who You Are
- Several years of experience building frontend sites and/or applications, including experience with component architecture
- You write modern JS (ES6, ES7 + )
- You have opinions on Apollo, GraphQL, Redux, and other modern JS libraries.
- You have experience with modern JS frameworks like React, Vue, and/or Angular
- You have a solid understanding of functional programming and software design patterns.
- You are passionate about clean code and software architecture
- You have an analytical mindset with a passion for solving business problems with technology
- You are experienced in giving out and receiving code reviews
- You have a strong experience with unit and integration testing
- Familiar with working in a component-based architecture
- Experienced in coding for all devices, including knowledge and understanding of responsive/adaptive design patterns
- Excited about working in an environment where your contributions are wide-reaching and highly visible
- A graduate of computer science, computer graphics, or digital arts related degree program with 3+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 5+ years of equivalent industry experience