Senior React Developer
This job offer is expired
Chatterbug is building the internet’s best way to learn a language by empowering those who speak them: Humans! Humans build our curriculum, teach our students how to speak in one-on-one lessons, and now we are looking for a few more humans to join us in making Chatterbug the best it can be.
About the job
We believe that design and usability are the foundation of an excellent product experience. Our small Product/Design and Engineering teams work together very closely all the way from concept to final implementation. We use an iterative process, release often, and stay open to feedback.
As we are starting on some major product improvements, we are looking to add an experienced React developer to join our team in order to expand the scope of what's possible with Chatterbug. Our web and mobile app are written in React and React-Native respectively and we work on both.
You’re a multi-talented engineer who wants to join our team building our language-learning product and infrastructure. You will be part of a small development team and have the opportunity to own major components of our systems.
You’ll ship new features to our students and tutors, you’ll help be in service of our growing curriculum development team building our language learning content, and you’ll assist in digging into technical issues in our stack.
You’re an active learner whose passions may include learning languages. (If you know a language other than English please tell us!)
Although we are a small company, we have a big product. We are an experienced team with backgrounds at GitHub and other major tech companies with funding from top investors in Silicon Valley and Europe. Our team works extremely reasonable hours and we have a strong commitment to work-life balance.
Beyond language learning, we’re on a bigger mission to help make lots of jobs for people who only need one skill: how to speak their native language. We currently teach German and Spanish and French to English speakers, as well as English to Spanish speakers. We have an international team and an international product, and we’re proud of it.
Benefits at Chatterbug
- A leading role shaping a cutting edge product at a pivotal point in its development
- We’ll pay for you to learn a language - either with us or take a class, on us. You can also elect a friend or family member to learn with us for free, too
- 26 days paid holiday
- Regular fun events, team dinners and an annual company summit abroad
- A lovely, apartment style office in the heart of Berlin (with free fruit!)
- Experience with React Native or excited to learn
- At least 3 years experience as a front-end engineer
- Have worked on a small team or desire to do so
- The necessary communication skills and initiative to lead your own projects
- You live in Berlin or are willing to move here
Ideally you will also have:* Experience with GraphQL, styled-components, webpack and Babel