Director of Engineering
This job offer is expired
The Director of Engineering will be working on a platform with the mission to make the greatest possible positive impact on the world. This platform will perform at-scale to tackle the thorniest and most intractable problems facing organizations that serve humanity and the environment. If you’d like to work on something truly meaningful, this could be a dream job for you.
This is an opportunity to work on an early-stage project, for someone who wants to dig deep, play a forward role, and take a lot of ownership. It’s ideal for someone who is excited by charting new technical territory, as we’re breaking significant ground. This position will report to the VP of Product, a leader in the data-product space who takes pride in developing talent on his team.
This position will work out of Development Guild DDI’s New York (Manhattan) office. This is a full-time position.
Required Technical and Work Experience
- Experience managing a team of developers
- Experience architecting shipped products
- Relational database experience and data modeling
- Test-Driven Development
- Experience with a modern front-end framework such as React, Vue or Angular
- Cloud deployment
- Experience with build tools like Gulp/Grunt/Webpack
- Startup experience
- Strong analytic skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills
- Excellent follow-through ability; can manage multiple tasks and people with strong attention to detail, leading engineering teams
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy, and responsiveness
- Volunteer or other mission-driven experience
About Development GuildDevelopment Guild DDI, is a storied firm that has worked for the benefit of nonprofits serving education, social justice organizations, the arts and culture, the environment, and healthcare.
For more information about Development Guild DDI, please visit www.developmentguild.com