Lead Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
Luxury Garage Sale (“LGS”), a premier designer consignment business, providing first class selling and consigning services to its high-end clientele. We need brains and passion to grow the business and to make it happen in style. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor and work with a small, collaborative team at a quickly growing company!
This role reports directly to our Head of Engineering and will work primarily on our ReactJS e-commerce website and serverless NodeJS API powered by AWS Lambda & API Gateway.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build scalable solutions to store live stream data of customer interactions with our products on our own website as well as many 3rd party marketplaces.
- Solve challenging business problems by removing manual work with automation by connecting our internal API with technology exposed by our partners.
- Iterate on suite of internal ReactJS web applications and customer facing e-commerce website.
- Write unit and end to end tests to back the code you write.
- Maintaining currently operating continuous integration pipeline.
- Debugging server side issues as they arise.
- Being part of an on-call schedule to handle infrequent urgent issues outside of normal operating hours.
- Serve as team lead to other engineers.
- 3+ years experience programming in modern languages
- 1+ year experience in leading/mentoring junior engineers
- Proficiency with React.js or similar framework
- Proficiency with either MySQL or DynamoDB
- Experience with or interest in modern API design and AWS Lambda and API Gateway
- Experience in DevOps
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work with integrated teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
Preferred Experience In :
- ReactJS, Backbone, Express or Angular
- AWS services
- Continuous integration
- Benefits include employer assisted medical and voluntary dental and vision
- Generous parental leave policy
- Casual dress code and work environment
- High resolution monitor and MacBook Pro laptop