Senior Front-end Software Developer - React / Redux
NAVIS is looking for a creative, motivated, experienced Sr. Front-end Software Developer to join us as a critical member of our Engineering Team. This position can be located either at our headquarters offices in Bend, Oregon, or at our new, shared office space situated in the heart of downtown Portland.
This senior-level front-end Software Developer will design, develop, optimize, and test on premise, AWS hosted applications and micro-services in an Agile setting. As part of the Engineering Team, you will collaborate closely with Software Development teams and Product Team members to design exceptional software / product solutions to meet customer needs.
Our tech stack is as follows: Java, React/Redux, Postgres, Microservices, Containers, Python, Spark, CI/CD, IaC, AWS
The primary focus of this position is coding creative, operational, front-end software that enhances our products. The Engineering Team has multiple projects that often start at the concept stage and develops new products and/or product features from scratch. Our products are constantly evolving with our client needs – we are not simply maintaining existing products.
This is a full SDLC development position. The Front-end Software Developer must be willing to take on all aspects of the development process, and be ready to support applications in production environments. He/she will be asked to test code sets, document software, and implement products and related solutions. We are currently on a release cycle and are striving towards a continuous development environment.
The Front-end Software Developer will be tasked with analyzing, identifying, and solving highly-complex issues related to software development and related technologies. As needed, this person may be involved in the mentoring of more junior-level developers on the technical aspects of our products, technology, and related software tools. This developer needs to have a willingness to do whatever it takes to make the products and the company successful.
A high degree of creativity and motivation is required of the successful candidate, who is expected to operate with limited direct supervision.
In addition to the above requirements, the following technical experience is considered advantageous, but is not required:
- Java back-end development experience
- CI / CD experience with Chef
- Open ID experience
- Git experience
- Experience with internationalization
- PORTLAND: Located in the heart of downtown Portland near Pioneer Square, our office on the 11th floor at 811 SW 6th Avenue is nestled between a farmer’s market and several of Portland’s hot spots. Our work space offers a birds-eye view of the city, along with best-in-class services and amenities. We are open to 4 days per week in the office, with 1 day per week flexibility to work remotely. If working in the Portland office, you should be able to travel occasionally to our Bend office (about 2-3 days per month is anticipated and this is expensed to NAVIS)
- BEND: The position can be based at our headquarters offices in Bend, Oregon (relocation assistance package available)
- An inclusive, fun, values-driven company culture – we’ve won awards for it
- A growing tech company in Bend, Oregon
- Work / Life balance - what a concept!
- Excellent benefits package with a Medical Expense Reimbursement Program that helps keep our medical deductibles LOW for our Team Members
- 401(k) with generous matching component
- Generous time off plus a VTO day to use working at your favorite charity
- Competitive pay + annual bonus program
- FREE TURKEYS (or pies) for every Team Member for Thanksgiving (hey, don't laugh - it's a tradition around here)
- Your work makes a difference here, and we make a huge impact to our clients’ profits
- Transparency – regular All-Team meetings, so you can stay in-the-know with what’s going on in all areas our business