Full Stack Developer
This job offer is expired
Who we are...
Faethm is born in Sydney and has a global impact, our SaaS platform is creating both social and economic value from the impact of emerging technologies. We are the world's data source for the future of work and the fourth industrial revolution; our product leverages AI to predict the impact of technology on the future of work and provides visualisation and insights to our clients in the government, industry, investment and education sectors.
Our cross-functional team creates value for our customers by working along the entire lifecycle of delivery; from discovery of users' pain points through visual and technical design to running and owning the success of our products in the real world.
Our current enterprise product is built as a serverless platform on AWS leveraging react and node, though there's no lock in to the technical stack - we want to use the right tools for the job. With so much opportunity in front of us, we're able to build on top of the current foundation as a canvas to drive the direction of the company and product, making decisions that directly and positively impact both clients and the world around us. We are focused on delivering the right solution but we're not afraid to try different things and learn from mistakes.
Who you are...
As the next member of our Enterprise team, you'll join as an individual contributor, working across the full application closely with engineering leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and functionality that will have a direct impact on our enterprise customers.
Whilst technology is at the core of product development, it's not the be all and end all, everything you create is focused around solving real world problems. Understanding that successful solutions are built by tight-knit teams, you will play an integral role in building out both our product and our growing product engineering group.
- Development within the enterprise team of the front and back ends of the customer facing application - No person is an island, and neither is any solution
- Participating in design meetings, sprint planning, retrospectives, refinement, and code reviews - You own what you create
- Performance debugging, benchmarking and building awesome things in general - Our teams make our products a success
- Developing solutions you've designed from the ground up through to deployment into production - we have a "you build it you run it" culture
- Experience working within a front-end framework on single page apps
- You're passionate about building something that people will really love to use
- Experience building in and on the cloud
- Experience with automated testing of your applications.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills, both written and verbal
- You love learning new things and where they might fit in
Nice to haves
- CI/CD or DevOps Experience
- A history of applying good engineering practices in delivered software
- Event driven architecture experience
- AWS Experience
- You're able to leave your ego at the door (our team is a tight-knit group that's always learning from each other)
- You get why you build things (technology are awesome, but we build things outside of a vacuum)
- You've got a desire to have an impact on our culture (the better our people are, the better our product is)
- You've been building solutions with a user focus (it's all about the user)
- You're a polyglot developer (there's a lot to be said about expertise, but locking yourself to a single way of doing things... not so much)
- You're passionate about building something that people will really love to use (we're not just cutting code, we're achieving real outcomes)
We're at a critical point in our growth and are looking for someone exceptional to join our team - if you're smart, passionate about building great products, have a solid engineering background, and with an understanding of how technology can affect real change, then you'll have the opportunity to make a significant impact on not only our business and culture but also help the world navigate the future of work.
Applicants must have Full Australian working rights