Software Engineer - Developer Experience
Who we are:
Cognite is a fast-growing global technology company headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Our team is both international and interdisciplinary, including more than 150 of the best software developers, data scientists, designers, 3D specialists, and industry professionals.
Together, we have built an industrial data platform that empowers companies in industries like Energy, Shipping, and Manufacturing to extract value from their wealth of existing data by transforming it into useful information.
With the Cognite platform, Cognite Data Fusion, forward-thinking companies like Aker BP and Statnett have begun to utilize their data strategically. Now they can find data-driven solutions to reduce inefficiencies, optimize operations, and transform business models. Because data should power industry. So humans can create and innovate.
At Cognite you will be encouraged and supported in writing high-quality, testable, and readable code. We create applications that impact some of the biggest, most exciting industries today, and we experiment with making the applications that will change the way industries operate tomorrow.
Can you help us create the best User Experience?
Do you care about craftsmanship and quality? The Developer Experience team is expanding and we’re looking for two Software Engineers to add to the team. Your role will be to take ownership of one or more SDKs and make it easy and elegant to create applications on top of our platform.
What you´ll do:
- Develop state-of-the-art SDKs / toolkits using the latest and greatest technology available
- Make it super easy to use our platform in the most popular programming languages
- Build what needs to be built to solve our users’ problems
- Create and contribute to open-source software projects
- Make guides, create tutorials and host workshops to help developers quickly create value on top of the platform
- Establish and maintain a developer community around our platform
You bring to the table:
- Experience in one or many programming languages
- Passionate about User Experience
- Experience with writing testable code
- Have experience with SDKs, REST or APIs in general
- Have excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with writing readable code
- You like solving problems end to end (especially if this means learning something new!)
- Pragmatic about unit testing, integration testing and provide end-user documentation
- Familiar with Git and CICD tools (Travis, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- You are value-driven
- Experience working in Scrum team is a plus
- Have the motivation to work in an energetic company
Why you should join Cognite:
- Help to relocate to Norway
- Competitive salary and benefits (including pension plans, insurance, and more)
- Opportunity to work with great people on projects that create real impact
- Minimal bureaucracy and overhead, with focus on agility and speed
- Regular internal or external tech-talks
- Free food, snacks, and drinks
- Free staffed gym (We also do soccer practice every Friday)
- All the tools you need to be productive
- Open and friendly company culture
- Emphasis on individual health, including access to private medical clinic
- Flat structure with direct access to decision-makers
- High level of autonomy and ability to influence decisions
- Endless opportunities to grow, including international possibilities
- New, attractive offices
- Application deadline: October 27th
- Contact Fredrik Anfinsen tel +47 93823190 if you have any questions about this position