Sr. Frontend Engineer - Midtown New York
This job offer is expired
Sr. Front-end Engineer
Midtown Manhattan, NY
Small business makes the world go ‘round – it is at the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive with better tools, better information and meaningful connections. We aim to make running a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
What you will do
You will work with your cross-functional team to deliver beautiful software that is valuable to our customers. You will offer your ideas and collaborate to provide technical designs you are proud of. We encourage you to show your passion for technology, help and inspire others in Xero and within the community we support.
As a senior, you will coach the less experienced developers in your team and offer them support and guidance. You will be confident leading technical discussions and be inclusive of other’s ideas. You are passionate about your craft and will be an active contributor to Xero’s global development community.
What we’re looking for
- Performance optimization techniques
- SASS, CSS and HTML and an understanding of CSS modules or CSS in JS
- Familiar with continuous integration and automated deployment systems
- Demonstrated technical leadership in a web application development team
- An understanding of Agile methods and concepts
Bonus if you have experience with (or interest in learning about)
- UX Design and user testing
- Building and monitoring scalable platforms
- Distributed systems
- Working with newer technologies/concepts like Typescript, PWAs & infrastructure as code
This is an outstanding opportunity in a dynamic, fast paced, growth-orientated business. We’ve got huge global reach and appeal, and a strategy in place for continued success. If you meet the above criteria, then we’d like you to be a part of the next chapter of the Xero success story.
What we offer
The opportunity to be part of a growing global success story; a fun, fast-paced work environment and a relaxed, supportive team which encourages personal growth; competitive salary, shares in the company; generous 4-weeks of PTO, 5 wellness days, standard holidays and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s; flexible work arrangements and a great office environment located in the heart of Manhattan.
- love doing #beautiful work and contributing to a beautiful experience for our customers
- show your passion for the #human side of software development through cultivating a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of small business owners
- seek the #challenge of complex technical problems, crazy-smart collaborators and a fast-paced work environment
- champion creative development by bringing a unique point of view while inspiring impeccable work from others
- take ownership by driving meaningful change & delivering results with passion and purpose
…then we’d love to hear from you.