GMO UX Developer - Toronto, FinTech!
This job offer is expired
ITG is seeking a talented UX Developer to join our Global Middle Office team.
We are seeking a talented developer to join our Global Middle Office team focusing on UX development of our next generation product. We work on a diverse set of products that range from mission critical financial applications to innovative ways to enhance user experience.
You will work with both our global UX team and global/local Middle Office team to completely redesign our applications on the Web. Do you thrive on challenge, change and curiosity and have an eye for aesthetics? Take the challenge and join us.
Here at ITG, technology is our middle name. Literally. With nearly half of our staff working in technology roles, our technologists empower our business to provide best-in-class service to our clients around the world. From conceptualizing ideas to bringing them to market, ITG engineers work alongside our business units to build technology for institutional traders that enables them to improve returns for investors.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Go Where We Are Needed the Most: We constantly move from project to project, we immerse ourselves in all aspects of each team, fix their issues and then move on. We never get bored.
- You will work closely with our Global UX team such that you Utilize New & Diverse Technologies: Web, mobile, desktop and infrastructure -- they are equally proficient in all platforms and can offer informed advice on each.
- Use Photoshop to create wireframes and iterate on the design. Once satisfied we use it to create stunning assets to be incorporated into the product.
- Track your time and resources using the agile methodology. This allows us to optimize our resources and time in order to better support all the teams that rely on us.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical or creative discipline and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Web frameworks. JQuery, React, Node
- Proven Object Oriented Programming and design
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- Strong SQL knowledge and experience with C#/C++ a strong asset
- Ability to create code that handles many requests/sec
- Ability to quickly isolate and fix hard to find bugs
- Solid understanding of SDLC (Agile development a plus)
- Ability to think ahead and proactively propose longer term solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Exposure to different technologies, such as C++, Linux, low latency, kernel bypass, machine learning, cloud and high-performance storage
- Projects with quick life cycles, from concept to client in three months
- A smaller team environment with 3-8 developers
- A great place for upward and geographic mobility
- Direct exposure to the decision makers and senior leaders on the business side
- A company that’s investing a sizable amount in its technology department
- The energetic dynamism of financial markets
- Teams that are passionate about continually learning, improving and raising the bar
- A community that values hard work as well as work-life balance
- A company that is committed to giving back to surrounding communities, from LA to Hong Kong and Sydney and the 11 locations in between
“ITG is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.”