Delivery Architect/Technical Lead (Onsite London, Contract)
Who are we?
We are NearForm, we work with international clients who are industry leaders in their respective fields. Our role is to help them build solutions and platforms; help them to launch new product ventures and fundamentally change how they operate.
We modernise enterprises with open, creative software, evolving businesses for the modern world. Our teams of experts are helping our clients build cloud-native solutions using industry-leading design, technology and modern practices for software development.
We adopt a person-first approach to hiring. That means we hire the best people – it’s as simple as that. Our lucky team gets to pick the cream of the crop from around the world and has brought together a collection of dynamic and talented individuals we like to call ‘NearFormers’.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. Building on our open-source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
We are committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.
Like the sound of us? Great! Want to know more about the role? Keep reading!
What’s the role?
As a Delivery Architect (DA) you lead a highly-skilled multidisciplinary team; typically consisting of designers, front-end and back-end experts, DevOps engineers, and members of the client team. This mix follows a modern agile development methodology where we run 2-week sprints with a defined backlog, daily standups, weekly demos, sprint planning and sprint retros.
This is a varied role with your time being shared across leadership tasks, story definition and specification, sprint management, DevOps processes, technical oversight and of course development and architecture.
The Delivery Architect is a key role where you provide management and leadership on a project; fully supported by the NearForm Technical Directors and the management team.
What’s the Project?
This is an exciting opportunity to help our client disrupt their industry and you can lead a team that helps them achieve this. This is the best of both scenarios with the dynamism of a high-velocity startup but the financial backing of a multinational.
We’ll be assigning a team of 5 NearFormers to deliver the project, this will be a mixture of You (the DA), Node.js, React.js and cloud infrastructure experts.
This will be a 6-month contract where you will work with the client onsite at their London offices.
What do I need?
- 6+ years experience developing at a software architect level
- Proven track record of delivering software applications
- Experience in managing client expectations
- Experience working with agile principles
- Willing to work across the delivery landscape which includes Development, Support and Deployment
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Fluent English & outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Continuous learning mindset
- Wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Experience with JSON, RESTful APIs, SQL in a microservice architecture
- Modern DevOps mindset with experience in Architecture to Infrastructure development, CI and Tooling, TechOps, InfoSec and Pentest support and Production Deployment support
- Experience with Cloud architecture, administration and Systems Integration including tools such as Terraform, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of best practices and design patterns
- Security awareness throughout the stack
- Knowledge of Versioning tools, in particular, GIT
- Experience Testing and Debugging
If this position is not the right one for you but you think NearForm sounds like a great place to work, express an interest in working with us in the future by joining our Talent Network, apply here and tell us a little bit about what positions you are interested in.Apply now