Mid-Level Front-end Developer
This job offer is expired
Mid-Level Front-end Developer for Litigation Management software
Location: Based in Austin, Work from Home is welcome
The initial project you will be working on is a complete face lift of our current application.We have high fidelity mockups that need to be converted into working software.This position would be responsible for helping the existing team with ReactJS, possibly Redux, following guidelines for best practices, and working with our lead engineer on all things 'front-end'.This is a full-time position and would love someone to be vested in the on going development of this and future projects.
About the current application:
Allegory is built primarily in Ruby-on Rails.It is a robust, document-heavy application using a PostgreSQL database.OCR is built into our document pipeline.For search, we use Elastic Search.Our main application is cloud-based, hosted on Amazon AWS, but in some cases, we have deployed and will deploy on-prem.We practice test-driven development, using RSpec and a continuous integration server.We also use agile development methods, using Git, Aha and Jira for our code and project management.
What you'll be working on:
- Building the UI with React, Bootstrap, Sass, styled components and adding to our component library
- Work closely with product team to dissect features
- Interfacing with a RoR RESTful API
- Work with DevOps on deploying UI deliverables
- Mentor current development team on React and front-end best practices
- Manage your own time and be responsible with minimal oversight.
- We are always adapting our process to improve and you will have a say and be heard.
- You have done advanced work with React
- You know how best to test front end components
- CSS and HTML are second nature to you.
- You can use Git with Github (branching, merging, pull requests)
- You have knowledge about Continuous Integration and its benefits
- You are not afraid to express your opinion in a professional manner
Current front-end stack:
- ReactJS, styled-components, Jest, Enzyme
- jQuery, numerous jQuery plugins
- Angular 1
- Webpack, Babel
- Ruby on Rails knowledge
As we said before we are looking for you to help us move from the current stack to using React and styled-components with ES6. We prefer to use tools that are needed and not just because they are new and shining. Of particular interest: https://medium.com/@dan_abramov/you-might-not-need-redux-be46360cf367
When applying we would love to hear about your software development practices and why they are important to you.
AllegoryLaw was recently acquired by Integreon; you can read the press here, http://www.integreon.com/BlogDetails?BGID=4601.This is GREAT news for you!You will be walking into to a stable company with a startup like mindset and the resources to build the original web application to its full potential and have opportunity for growth.If this is something that would interested you we would love to hear from you.