Senior Frontend Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
Senior Frontend Software Engineer - Prezzee
Prezzee is a young and multi award-winning tech start-up headquartered in Sydney, Australia. Prezzee was recently announced the 55th fastest growing tech company in the annual Deloitte Technology Asia Pacific Fast 500 ranking as well as the 4th fastest growing tech company in Australia.
Within less than 4 years, the revolutionary Prezzee eGift card is now used across hundreds of established Australian and International brands such as Coles, Myer, David Jones, Rebel, Jetstar, Spotify and Uber. Implemented in a niche Australian market worth $2B today, Prezzee is experiencing exponential growth and is expanding its team of software engineers to further expand in Australia and internationally.
You have a growth mindset and are passionate about programming and technology in general. Building things is fun to you, you are curious, you love technology and see every challenge as an opportunity to push yourself and learn.
When challenged with big, new problems you are able to brainstorm possible solutions and advocate for an approach. You build things well and are meticulous in your approach and in everything you do. You have an engineering mindset – you are not strongly opinionated when it comes to technology, you understand the pros and cons of a proposed solution and accept that choosing a technology also implies accepting its trade-offs.
You are solution focused and have the ability to communicate effectively within the Team. Putting the Team first is natural to you – and therefore, you are looking to apply your skills within an elite team of engineers, at a company which values treating each others well and helping each other succeed.
- You have a very strong understanding of data structures & algorithms
- You have full understanding of the DOM and intricacies of client-side performance and browser compatibilities
- You have a passion for building software that provides a great user experience
- You have very strong frontend development skills and have been involved in at least 2 large scale frontend project which involved solving complex UI problems
- You are very familiar with Functional Programming and have experience with the paradigm in 1 or more functional programming languages (ReasonML will be highly regarded)
- You have excellent knowledge of at least 2 of the following frontend frameworks: React (ReactJS / ReasonReact), VueJS, Angular or EmberJS.
- You have excellent knowledge of at least 2 major CSS frameworks
- You have strong experience with Server-Side Rendering and Pre-rendering techniques and work diligently on the frontend to take into account Search Engine Optimization in your implementation
- You know REST inside out and have experience integrating with APIs
- You write clean testable code and have previous experience with BDD, TDD
- You have used one of the following Test frameworks and libraries (Jest, Mocha, Chai, Karma, Jasmine, Enzyme, Cypress IO, Puppeteer, Bit)
- You have worked with authentication schemes before (e.g. OAuth2, JWT)
- You are very familiar with CI/CD frontend best practices
- You are experienced in agile methodologies
- Knowledge in AWS is desirable (Lambda functions, etc.)
- Knowledge or exposure to payment gateways is desirable
- Experience with eCommerce is highly regarded
AT PREZZEE, YOU WILL
- Grow, learn and help others grow and learn
- Collaborate with team members in a self-organised SCRUM Team (no bigger than 4 / 5 people)
- Solve complex problems at scale, developing high performance web applications with an international user base
- Have frontend-focused ownership of projects including the design, development, and optimization of the underlying infrastructure
- Deliver quality and clean testable code for our web app
- Minimise solution complexity
- Perform code reviews and share ownership of the code base
- Work with other talented engineers to build a product of high quality for our users
- Work in a challenging and fun environment
- Have a very competitive salary package
ABOUT US AT PREZZEE
The best part of working at Prezzee is our team - we are fun, diverse, and very dynamic. Working at Prezzee you'll be part of a fast start-up culture and of a new movement to disrupt the Gift Card and rewards market. You'll be working with like-minded problem solvers who love what they do. The Prezzee team values include humility, shared ownership, collaborative mindset, mission-driven and flexible work arrangements. While we prefer people to work on-site, we also work hard to accommodate the different lifestyles of our team members so that everyone is set up for success and empowered to do their best work.
- Our Sydney office is located in vibrant Surry Hills, just a 5-minute walk from Central Station
- Bonus based on company-wide targets, because we are all in the same boat
- Generous employee referral program and staff discounts
- Enjoy our fully equipped kitchen, you are welcome to cook for yourself or the team whenever you want
- Fancy a run or a ride? You can always have a shower at the office and start your day fresh and energised