Senior Front End Developer
This job offer is expired
The future of Grand Parade (part of William Hill) is happening right here and right now!
Join the multicultural team working on the strategic project of our company. We're at the beginning of the long journey designing, prototyping and implementing foundations for an International Betting and Gaming Platform. In cross-functional team (front-end developers, back-end developers, QAs, devops and dedicated architect) we're building the customizable and extensible product, which can be easily adopted in new markets.
You, as a front-end developer, will take part in many SDLC steps:
- designing - brainstorm with the team about technologies and solutions
- prototyping - do R&D, write prototypes and battle test ideas
- implementation - implement final solution
- testing - write unit tests and e2e tests for a user journeys you've implemented
One of the key aspects is performance, prepare to fight for every millisecond using technologies like web workers, service workers or http2 - to just name a few.
This is not yet another SPA application - this is real software development.
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
• collaborating with experienced architect and developers to implement Grand Parade x William Hill's international web/mobile platform
• research and develop high performing, customizable web components and solutions
• designing software solutions and following common patterns
• optimization of cross-browser web components
• supporting diverse clients from high powered desktop to tablets and mobile phones
• building efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstraction
• prototyping and performing experiments
We expect you to have
• ability to communicate in English
• ability to do code reviews, pair programming
• ability to research, analyse and document
• very good knowledge of and experience with CSS3, HTML5
• familiarity with Node.js
• good knowledge and understanding of React (or similar library)
• good knowledge of software engineering
• familiarity with RESTful APIs
• familiarity with bundling libraries
• Familiarity with CI/CD
• experience with GIT
• experience in web performance optimization
• knowledge of Jest/Enzyme
• understand and took part in many steps of Software Development Life Cycle
• awareness about web security
What we offer
• Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
• Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
• Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
• Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
• A great working atmosphere in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
• Competitive salary and benefits fully paid private healthcare, multisport pass, daily fruit, and employee referral program.
• Flexible working practices
• And some fun in the office – integration events and company parties, internal football league, gamification initiatives, FIFA, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Cracow next to Vistula river – we're in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kociuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet