We are looking for a multi-talented Web Specialist to help us deliver unbeatable digital experiences that our customers love.
About the role:
In this role, you will be part of one of our cross-functional, autonomous squads that are aligned to a purpose that drives value for our customers every day. These squads are empowered to make decisions on how they build and deliver these experiences, always operating with the customer's best interest at heart.
As a Web Specialist, your primary role will be responsible for turning designs into cutting edge web experiences used by tens of thousands of customers nationwide. Functionality, aesthetics and building accessible applications are significant for us.
You will also provide technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to other web developers, contributing to the growth of the overall web development team's capability and competence. We believe that by collaborating, building our skills and communicating effectively, we will be an even more awesome and connected Digital Tribe - having fun and changing the world.
If you're looking for a role that will be both challenging technically but with an opportunity to demonstrate your creative flair, this could be a great next role for your career.
In this role, you will bring a passion for modern web development as well as a drive for learning a range of engineering disciplines. You will be highly motivated about delivering unbeatable customer experiences on Web channels as well as getting your hands dirty in Integration and Automation technologies/capabilities.
You will have demonstrable experience in secure, web development with a focus on modern, frontend libraries and the building of Single Page Applications as well as traditional MVC web applications.
You will have experience with the following technologies and ways of working;
- Clean code and Functional Programming
- Webpack, SCSS, npm and package management
- Writing Unit tests and Test Driven Development
- Working with REST API's
- Responsive front end development (mobile first)
- Secure development/testing
- Front end performance design and development
Nice to Haves
- Cloud Technologies (Azure/AWS)
To be successful in this role you will:
- Love cutting code and love working with people
- Take pride in crafting beautiful, performant and secure web experiences (and the code behind) that people love to use
- Have the ability to lead front end development and software delivery in an agile squad as well as contribute to a wider community of in-house developers
- Have extensive experience in mentoring team members
- Be self-directed, be able to embrace change and have proven ability to work collaboratively in an Agile environment
- Be quality driven, flexible and adaptable.
Why join us?
This is an exciting time to be in the Digital Practice @ ASB as you'll have the opportunity to join a well-established agile environment working alongside high-performing individuals who are passionate about Digital and what they do!
This opportunity offers you the chance to really take your career to the next level, working on a great tech stack in an agile team that owns delivery from end to end as well being part of a wider community of developers who are keen to help and support everyone that comes on board.
Not to mention you'll receive some great banking benefits, flexible working options and a chance to be a part of an awesome team, making history in the digital world.
If this sounds like the role for you please apply below, we'd love to speak with you.Apply now