The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. We’re a collection of companies with a single vision: to power human progress with clean affordable energy for everyone.
The climate crisis is humanity's greatest challenge and the OVO Group organisations are all working together to lower our collective carbon emissions to zero. Would you be interested in joining us to help achieve this?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
We're growing! We currently have vacancies in various teams, so if you have a preference for the front end, back end or both, we want to hear from you.
In our Bristol HQ we have around 90 Software Engineers all with varying backgrounds and levels of experience. One key thing that all of our engineers have in common is a desire to develop brilliant, industry disrupting products as well as their own skills.
We trust our development teams to choose their tech stacks, you’ll commonly encounter Scala, TypeScript, Clojure, Node, Java, React, React Native, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka and Terraform. We run our services in GCP and AWS.
Is this the job for me?
You’re the right person for us if:
- You are genuinely passionate about developing products that will positively impact over a million people and also our environment
- You love working in teams and collaboratively building features that impact customers
- You are motivated by owning products, from inception to continuous improvement
- You believe strongly in test driven development and continuous delivery
- You love building scalable, resilient solutions
- You seek learning opportunities to deepen your expertise or broaden your knowledge
What experience you’ll need:
- You’re a hands on engineer with expertise in at least one programming language
- You have built or contributed to a variety of systems, ideally in different technologies
- Knowledge of the best engineering practices and continuous delivery
- You have experience building highly performant applications
What we offer:
- A very strong engineering culture (read more: https://tech.ovoenergy.com/)
- Competitive pay + a great bonus scheme
- 4% flexible benefits (we’ll chip in an extra 4% of your basic salary towards tech for your home, cycle scheme, health plan, workplace ISA, pension top up and much more)
- 26 days holiday + buy/sell scheme
- 5% matched pension
- Sabbatical after 3 years of service
- Enhanced maternity pay + shared parental leave
- Flexible working hours + home working
- Free breakfast every day
- Discounted Friska & onsite gym
- A real commitment to your training & development (including paid courses / subscriptions)
- & lots more!
Interview tips: https://tech.ovoenergy.com/how-to-nail-that-dream-job/
Our tech blog: https://tech.ovoenergy.com/
Our github: https://github.com/ovotech
Our techstack https://techradar.ovotech.org.uk/
OVO believes in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.Apply now