React Frontend Engineer
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a React Frontend Engineer?
Reporting to the Engineering Leader, the React Frontend Engineer will work on our web application products and engage closely with the greater Product and Engineering team to deeply understand our technical products and ensure they are being built with the highest quality.
What will you do?
- Work closely with Product to spec out the technical aspects of a feature from inception through delivery
- Own front end feature development, ensuring tracking/analytics are instrumented and your work meets the agreed upon acceptance criteria
- Continuously improve an existing React codebase
- Write acceptance, integration and unit tests
- Collaborate with back-end engineers on various architecture discussions
What do you have?
- Experience with Redux/React Router/React Context API/Hooks
- Strong knowledge of front end technologies including HTML/CSS
- Experience working with API service-based architectures and RESTful APIs
- Experience writing tests at various layers
- Experience developing responsive web applications
Nice to haves:
- Experience with GraphQL
- ReactJS testing (Jest/react-testing-library)
- Experience working remotely
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience investigating data bugs throughout the stack
- Experience with Ruby/Ruby on Rails
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social