Full Stack Developper
This job offer is expired
Full Stack Developer Job Description
Title: Full Stack Developer
Reports To: Vice President of Engineering
At Lottery.com we’re assembling a world-class team of brilliant minds, resourceful doers and creative problem-solvers with a ‘find a way or make a way’ attitude. Founded in 2015 and based in Austin, Texas, Lottery.com is creating the world’s number one digital lottery brand. We’re bringing digital sales of official lottery games to the world and launching global charitable sweepstakes.
The engineering team gets to work on various products, built for web, native iOS, native Android, React Native, and React-Native-Web experiences. At Lottery.com, engineering is a crucial part of the product team and will work very closely with Product Management and Product Designers. When assigning projects, we consider both expertise and the passion for the goal. We encourage honest debate and emphasize concrete, forward-thinking solutions. Culture and transparency are very important to us and as such, we have regular internal demo/tech talks, and retrospects.
We seek candidates who are highly skilled computer programmers who are comfortable with both front and back end programming. Full Stack Stack Developers are responsible for developing and designing the architecture of our products and features.
- Design and implement key components of our technical infrastructure, including services supporting payments, lottery results, user management, and game mechanics
- Design and implement user facing features for iOS, Android, and Web applications
- Take ownership of mission-critical functionality that is consumed by our mobile, web, and internal applications
- Work as a team with your peers, collaborating on architecture, mentoring teammates, and pushing our entire stack forward
- Stay up to date on the latest innovations in our industry and in our tech stack
- Integrating with and managing third-party APIs as well as design and develop APIs for partners and peers
- Work with product team to keep roadmap realistic, on track, and groomed
- Capable of writing technical specs and documenting work
- Management of Jira, Git, AWS, Heroku, and other platform systems
- 3+ years industry experience working as a full stack developer on mobile applications and web applications Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- A portfolio of beautiful and functional visual implementations on mobile platforms
- A passion for writing and including automated tests with your code
- A working knowledge of infrastructure and managing cloud-hosted applications in production
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to be available on Slack and to regularly sync up with your peers and the larger company team
- Constant positive, can-do attitude that helps motivate and encourage
Toolbox Knowledge Base:
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and MongoDB
- AWS competency
- Experience working with microservices architectures on “serverless” platforms
- Familiarity with event sourcing
- Capable of working with WordPress / Web Design standards and development
- Expertise with MongoDB / RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with iOS mobile development/XCode/Swift
- MERN Stack experience
Personality Traits We Admire :
Grit: Resilient marathoners who finish what they start and love tackling problems of all sizes. We take critical feedback and push through to get the job done.
Rigor: Data driven, analytical and exhaustive in decision making. We take in the evidence, integrate information from multiple sources quickly, draw conclusions and take actions - quickly.
Collaboration: We leave our egos at home, we challenge each other and we work together to find the best solutions, every day, day in and day out.
Ownership: We sign up for the hard stuff and take extreme ownership to see it through. We make lemonade out of lemons when we have to and don’t let attitude get in the way of getting it done.
Curiosity: Most of us dork out over non-work related topics at a ridiculous level of detail, because that’s how we’re wired. We’re naturally inquisitive, ask tough questions and aren’t afraid to ruffle feathers to find better answers.
Honesty: We’re transparent and honest because that’s the right way to treat other people. Integrity is the basis of trust, and trust is everything when you’re creating the future together.