This job offer is expired
Reports To: VP, Product Delivery
Data Gumbo provides Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) to industry. Data Gumbo Corporation is headquartered in Houston, Texas, with offices in Stavanger, Norway.
Data Gumbo is seeking a talented Software Architect to join our team in Houston, Texas. You will be responsible for defining, designing, and communicating Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) technical solutions. You will be working with the Data Gumbo architecture and engineering teams to solve current and future market needs on the Data Gumbo Network. Specialized experience in Security or Data Modeling preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architect containerized cloud solutions that are implementable, secure, scalable, and performant.
- Actively manage one or more core code areas from a vision/design, implementation, and testing perspective. Align the design of code components with the overall architectural vision.
- Actively participate in setting and enforcing coding standards and processes, and architecture compliance.
- Ensure best practices are captured and communicated to the team.
- Effectively communicate complex architectural and development concepts.
- Support audits to verify adherence to quality, process, and security standards.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to Developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in full stack software development, showing progression of responsibility in multiple roles.
- Experience building scalable and low latency Big data applications.
- Knowledge in the design and modeling of relational and non-relational databases.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented programming and SOLID principles.
- Experience with Mongodb, Postgres, and MS SQL databases.
- Experience with messaging systems, Kafka preferred.
- Strong experience in designing and building Restful APIs. GraphQL experience is a plus.
- Deep experience with several of the following:
- Nodejs, Front-end UI (React, Angular, etc), Docker, Kubernetes, BitBucket or GitHub, JIRA or TFS, Swagger / OpenAPI Specification, Confluence or MS Teams, Cloud Computing, Azure / AWS, CI/CD, .NET, Python and Java.
- Positive attitude and able to thrive in a fast-moving, changing startup environment.
- Proven track record of meeting ambitious software development calendars and a reputation for both setting and hitting deadlines
- Excellent verbal/written English communications skills with ability to translate between the business and technical lingo.
- Experience with global projects including deliverables in multiple countries and working with international teams