This job offer is expired
Do Meaningful Work. K4Connect is a purpose-driven, venture-funded technology company creating solutions to serve and empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities, in partnership with the people, communities and organizations that also serve them. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. At K4Connect, we believe technology should be purposeful, person-centered, and harmonious. Current times make our mission more critical than ever.
We love the work we do and think you will, too.
Our back-end is primarily Node.js, running on an AWS infrastructure. Our front end applications run primarily in React, with a bit of Angular.js and Vue.js in the mix. As a general principal, CS fundamentals and good engineering practices are more important to us than languages and frameworks.
About the Position:
- Create simple and intuitive web and mobile designs
- Develop data rich features that provide a view into the success of our mission
- Own and manage all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support)
- Collaborate effectively with your teammates and technical partners
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization with a focus on problem solving
- Hustle together with other motivated, mission driven engineers to serve our members and customers
- 5+ years experience building and supporting full stack applications within an agile or SCRUM team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or STEM-related field, OR equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience in Go, Nodejs, React, Angular is a huge plus
- Experience with various management tools like Jira and git
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality, production code in one or more languages
- Experience using various tools to ensure the quality of your own code (testing frameworks, source control practices, CI/CD)
- Passionate about UX and good design
- Can put yourself in our member’s shoes and advocate for them
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with GraphQL and Apollo Client/Server
- Familiarity with Docker or containerization
- Familiarity with leading cloud platforms
- Familiarity with both relational and nonrelational databases
- History of leading or mentoring
- Master’s Degree or other specialized certifications
K4Connect is on a mission to leverage technology to empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. It all starts with our patented technology management and delivery platform, one of the most advanced in the burgeoning IoT market, which delivers the latest in home automation, connected wellness, social, services and content management to those who value it the most. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. Learn more at www.k4connect.com.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package (salary + stock options)
- Quality healthcare options for Medical (PPO & HSA), Dental, and Vision
- Company-paid Life Insurance, ADD, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability plans
- Retirement savings via Vanguard 401k Plan
- Unlimited PTO, Paid Holidays, and Paid Maternity Leave
- Employee Lounge complete with ping pong, foosball, and a steady supply of snacks, coffee, and drinks
You’ll be part of a highly creative, open, and fun team all passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives. If any of this resonates with you, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!