User Experience Engineer
We’re looking for a user experience engineer to design and build elegant interfaces and effective workflows for our products. You’ll embed with our engineering teams to help craft intuitive workflows, improve the UX/UI design or our tools and custom apps - and then turn these designs into code.
Be a part of the team building things like a first of its kind simulation app that will help digitize the construction industry. You will also work with domain experts to simplify complicated algorithms to a workflow that users can easily understand and utilize. This is just one example of the unique projects you will work on as a part of Cesium as we expand into new industries and build new tools and features.
What you’ll do
- Create interactivity for the world’s best open-source 3D geospatial visualization engine.
- Design and develop UI controls and frameworks that help empower other developers to be more productive
- Educate other developers about UI best practices.
- Work alongside our product engineers and product management team to understand our ambitions, our users’ real-life experience, and implement improvements.
- Build. Expect to code the designs that you make and get your hands dirty in our code base.
What we’re looking for
- Have experience with application design start to finish, or the complete user workflow of a significant feature.
- Knowledge and appreciation of UI/UX principles and best practices. You love mapping out the user experience and making it as intuitive and seamless as possible.
- The familiarity with or desire to learn Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- Familiar with writing automated tests for front user interface components.
- You get excited about experimenting and iterating based on what you learn.
- Desire to know our products inside and out, and talk with Cesium users to understand how they use our platform (and where we can do better).
- You love to learn. We’re constantly evolving our platform, pushing into new industries, and striving to improve our personal toolboxes.
- You’re excited by the potential of what we’re building at Cesium and of 3D geospatial, and you want to help us push the limits of what our technology and the entire field can do.
- You want to work at a fast-growing startup, to wear many hats, and grow with us.
Cesium is a platform for 3D geospatial data - we enable developers and data providers to build dynamic 3D geospatial applications more easily. 3D data is being collected all around us, nearly all the time. With Cesium, we’re making this 3D data more usable so we can better understand our world. We’ve been building Cesium for 8+ years and it’s production tested with companies like Toyota and Red Bull, government agencies like the NGA, and high traffic events like NORAD’s annual Santa Tracker. We’re growing our user base as fast as we can. You’ll help us make sure their experience is impressive.
This position is based out of our Philadelphia office.
Please submit examples of your design work with your application.Apply now