Front-End Web Engineer
This job offer is expired
Why join us?
Along with 11 talented front-end engineers, you will contribute to the Single Page Application project which goal is to migrate our website out of our PHP monolith to a responsive web app in an API centric model. Our new stack includes state of the art web frameworks (ES6, TypeScript, React, saga, redux, jest, webpack, etc.) and server-side rendering with NodeJS.
We’re working in an agile way and are organized in front-end squads, focused on a given product scope (e.g. search, booking, ...).
What you will directly contribute to
- Enhancing and maintaining www.blablacar.com SPA complex technical stack: 3 million page views per day in 22 countries
- Developing and maintaining our new design system by challenging UX members and participating in product reviews
- Launching new features while keeping a high-quality codebase
- Finishing to migrate the BlaBlaCar website from a PHP monolith to a React single page application (95% of traffic already migrated)
- Optimizing the carpooling experience while integrating our new BlaBlaBus product
What you will need to be successful:
- Ability to modify and challenge a complex front-end web technical stack
- Experience in building and maintaining scalable and high-quality software
- Prior experience in TypeScript or back-end technologies such as Java, PHP Symfony, would be a plus
- Product-oriented spirit with the ambition to deliver the best experience to our members
- Fluent in spoken and written English, proficiency French is a plus
- A fun and serious attitude