Full-Stack Developer (team lead)
This job offer is expired
We are looking for an experienced team-lead full-stack development. One day you are adding new user flows to our React-based frontend. Another, you are working on the backend integrating with our products’ CI/CD pipelines or the product analytics engine.
As a team lead, you will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development. You'll be able to use your knowledge of software engineering to coach the developers in your team. You'll also have the opportunity to influence the technical culture and direction of our product(s).
Being one of the most experienced engineers of the team you’ll lead by example as well as dive into the different technical aspects of the products we develop. You’ll get the chance to pair up with your team members and lead your team to success.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead, coach and further develop a team of engineers through regular 1:1s, feedback sessions and performance reviews, but also by setting up internal and external learning opportunities
- Be an active part of the engineering community and collaborate with other technical leads.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values.
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions with exemplary written, well tested code.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelise great engineering and organisational practices.
- Support your team in setting and following the operational processes, engineering principles and standards.
- An ability to balance business deliverables and technical excellence in the work you and your team produce.
- Partner with product managers to define and refine the roadmap and deliver new features that will deliver value to our users.
Desired Skills & Experience
- You have 7+ years experience of TypeScript, React, Nodejs & GraphQL and the ecosystem surrounding these technologies for building both front- and backend applications;
- You love growing your people from good to great, as your track record proves;
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software together with them;
- Experience in common software engineering practices like version management, git, unit testing, code documentation, CI/CD, ...
- Experience in test driven development and experience in setting up and using automated software testing solutions;
- Experience in setting up and using cloud resources is a plus;
- Experience in configuration and usage of relational and nonrelational databases can come in handy;
- Experience and knowledge about implementing best practices for security concerns is a good skill to have;
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment;
- You are a servant leader, who serves his team members before anything else;
- You don’t fear change but accept it as a reality of life and adapt to it.