Full Stack Developer
This job offer is expired
Formstack transforms the way you collect data and put it to work.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to help us accomplish this mission!
Formstack is a 14-year-old company with its roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Who you are:
You are a problem solver and are motivated to learn. As a Full Stack developer, you are comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You are a great communicator, collaborative, detail oriented and can see a project through from start to finish. You are able to make decisions on your own but know when to ask for help. You are a team player and enjoy having fun.
What you will do:
You'll work on an agile cross-functional team to drive product features from the design phase to implementation, convert mockups and prototypes into responsive web applications, own and develop backend microservices (Node), that support the Formstack platform and our products, and execute projects, fix bugs, write tests, reduce technical debt, and maintain our documentation. If you've worked with Scrum methodologies before, that is a huge bonus! You'll use Scrum methodologies to make sure features ship as they are planned and scheduled.
Who are we looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in developing web applications
- 3+ years of development experience with Node.js
- 3+ years of development experience with modern client-side web libraries such as React (preferred), Vue, or Angular
- Experience with libraries like Redux, Redux-Saga, Reselect
- Experience with TypeScript and/or Flow
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with designing and building RESTful APIs returning JSON
- Understanding and experience with serverless (AWS Lambda)
- Proficient with version control systems (preferably Git)
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts and software design patterns
- Solid foundation in writing queries and updating NoSQL databases such as AWS DynamoDB
- Ability to work remote and with remote team members
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness and desire to learn and embrace new web technologies as they evolve
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
What Formstack Offers:
- Free health plans, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees
- 401k with matching company contribution for full-time employees
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning
- Yearly company gatherings
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? CLICK HERE to hear from some current Formstackers about what matters most!
Formstack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.
Thank you for your interest in Formstack!